Apple design head Jonathan Ive is one of the most famous and influential designers on the planet. His celebrity is great enough that in March this year, Sacha Baron Cohen spoofed his Apple presentation style to promote the movie Grimsby.
So you'd expect Ive to be highly placed in our Hot List on the strength of his work for Apple alone.
But interestingly none of the top five stories about Ive relate to Apple products: the second and third most visited posts are about new Apple stores in Brussels and San Francisco.
Meanwhile Ive has started to speak up about subjects beyond the Apple product range, most notably his comments about the state of design education, which was our most visited story of the year about the gentle Englishman.
His concerns date back to 2014 when Ive, now 49, said young designers he'd interviewed for jobs "don't know how to make stuff" without a computer.
1. Design education is "tragic" says Jonathan Ive
2. First Apple Store under Jonathan Ive unveiled in Brussels
3. Foster + Partners unveils Apple Union Square store in San Francisco
4. Sacha Baron Cohen spoofs Jonathan Ive's Apple design presentations
5. "Fewer designers seem to be interested in how something is actually made" says Jonathan Ive