Marcel Wanders has announced plans for a major cultural complex in Amsterdam and has invited creative entrepreneurs to apply to rent space in the building.
Called Westerhuis, the 5500 sq m centre aims to become a flagship Amsterdam's creative businesses. Wanders' own studio will move into Westerhuis when it opens in November 2007.
Wanders is inviting creative businesses - both new and established - to take studios, workshops and offices in the building, which will be open to the public.
Applications need to be submitted by 15 January 2007, after which a selection panel will select candidates to ensure a varied mix of cultural businesses.
The application form is online here.
A diagram of the Westerhuis building and floorplans are shown below.
> Read dezeen's story on Marcel Wanders' new Crochet Chair here.
- WhiteKnightTwo by Virgin Galactic
- Cape by Nendo for Offecct
- Snoopy by Iskos-Berlin for Versus
- Smart Forjeremy by Jeremy Scott
- The Sequence by Arne Quinze
- La Grande by Reinhard Dienes for Antholo…gy Quartett
- Shan Valla at Interiors UK
- Alexandra Stück's Herbal Kneipp Textile…s use scent to promote wellbeing
- Lightfacet by Bloomming
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories