Marcel Wanders has announced plans for a major cultural complex in Amsterdam and has invited creative entrepreneurs to apply to rent space in the building.
Called Westerhuis, the 5500 sq m centre aims to become a flagship Amsterdam's creative businesses. Wanders' own studio will move into Westerhuis when it opens in November 2007.
Wanders is inviting creative businesses - both new and established - to take studios, workshops and offices in the building, which will be open to the public.
Applications need to be submitted by 15 January 2007, after which a selection panel will select candidates to ensure a varied mix of cultural businesses.
The application form is online here.
A diagram of the Westerhuis building and floorplans are shown below.
> Read dezeen's story on Marcel Wanders' new Crochet Chair here.
- Lockheed Chair by Riot & Sollier
- Insert by Leo Yiu
- Formafantasma combines crystal and coppe…r with ritualistic water purification range
- Urushi series by Aldo Bakker
- Furniture Neighborhood by Tjep.
- Bio-Customized Sneakers by Rayfish
- Fuck You and the Horse You Rode in On by… Kelly McCallum
- Today at Dezeen Platform: Pia Wüstenber…g
- Blood pack of Santa Claus by Kiseung Lee
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories