Marcel Wanders has announced plans for a major cultural complex in Amsterdam and has invited creative entrepreneurs to apply to rent space in the building.
Called Westerhuis, the 5500 sq m centre aims to become a flagship Amsterdam's creative businesses. Wanders' own studio will move into Westerhuis when it opens in November 2007.
Wanders is inviting creative businesses - both new and established - to take studios, workshops and offices in the building, which will be open to the public.
Applications need to be submitted by 15 January 2007, after which a selection panel will select candidates to ensure a varied mix of cultural businesses.
The application form is online here.
A diagram of the Westerhuis building and floorplans are shown below.
> Read dezeen's story on Marcel Wanders' new Crochet Chair here.
- Piet Hein Eek and Roderick Vos collabora…te with disadvantaged makers for Social Label initiative
- If Only Gio Knew... by Martino Gamper
- Pivot by Shay Alkalay
- Martin Azua's Trees and Rocks table cont…rasts wood with marble
- Campanas + LACOSTE
- Lighten Up by [re]design
- Furniture by Tierney Haines
- Cashmere blanket by Damien Hirst
- Jasper Morrison for Samsung
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories