Marcel Wanders has announced plans for a major cultural complex in Amsterdam and has invited creative entrepreneurs to apply to rent space in the building.
Called Westerhuis, the 5500 sq m centre aims to become a flagship Amsterdam's creative businesses. Wanders' own studio will move into Westerhuis when it opens in November 2007.
Wanders is inviting creative businesses - both new and established - to take studios, workshops and offices in the building, which will be open to the public.
Applications need to be submitted by 15 January 2007, after which a selection panel will select candidates to ensure a varied mix of cultural businesses.
The application form is online here.
A diagram of the Westerhuis building and floorplans are shown below.
> Read dezeen's story on Marcel Wanders' new Crochet Chair here.
- White & White Clock by Kibardindesign
- Privé by Philippe Starck for Cassina
- Artikcar by Ben Wilson
- ZE by Renault
- WA|HH by Philippe Starck and David Edwar…ds
- Natalie Weinmann's slate furniture "not …designed to fit one purpose"
- Featured designer: Yves Béhar
- Traffic by Konstantin Grcic for Magis
- Jawbone ERA by Yves Behar
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories