Marcel Wanders has announced plans for a major cultural complex in Amsterdam and has invited creative entrepreneurs to apply to rent space in the building.
Called Westerhuis, the 5500 sq m centre aims to become a flagship Amsterdam's creative businesses. Wanders' own studio will move into Westerhuis when it opens in November 2007.
Wanders is inviting creative businesses - both new and established - to take studios, workshops and offices in the building, which will be open to the public.
Applications need to be submitted by 15 January 2007, after which a selection panel will select candidates to ensure a varied mix of cultural businesses.
The application form is online here.
A diagram of the Westerhuis building and floorplans are shown below.
> Read dezeen's story on Marcel Wanders' new Crochet Chair here.
- Decode: Digital Design Sensations at t…he Design Museum Holon
- Donna Wilson designs new tartan for Ab…erdeenshire
- Crumpled City by Palomar at The Tempor…ium
- Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesin 4 lamp r…eleased by Yamagiwa
- r2b2 by Christoph Thetard
- Stair Rover by Po-Chih Lai at Show RCA… 2012
- Designer Christmas cards
- Magnum lamp by Patrycja Domanska and F…elix Gieselmann is four lights in one
- Clothing designed for chairs by Bernot…at & Co
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories