Marcel Wanders has announced plans for a major cultural complex in Amsterdam and has invited creative entrepreneurs to apply to rent space in the building.
Called Westerhuis, the 5500 sq m centre aims to become a flagship Amsterdam's creative businesses. Wanders' own studio will move into Westerhuis when it opens in November 2007.
Wanders is inviting creative businesses - both new and established - to take studios, workshops and offices in the building, which will be open to the public.
Applications need to be submitted by 15 January 2007, after which a selection panel will select candidates to ensure a varied mix of cultural businesses.
The application form is online here.
A diagram of the Westerhuis building and floorplans are shown below.
> Read dezeen's story on Marcel Wanders' new Crochet Chair here.
- Waar is Ekko? combined posters and signa…ge for a music festival by Kok Pistolet
- Prohibition Kit by Francesco Morackini
- Nendo turns Alcantara material into timb…er-patterned furniture
- Mother's Day gift ideas from Dezeen Watc…h Store
- Claimp by Maya Goldblum
- Uniform Wares new colours at Dezeen Watc…h Store
- Grasshopper by Wieki Somers for Tectona
- Sezz Collection by Christophe Pillet for… Emeco
- The Oasis of Aboukir green wall by Patri…ck Blanc
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories