Called Easy Fit, the globe-shaped polypropylene shade slips over a simple bulb housing.
Ransmeier & Floyd are Leon Ransmeier and Gwen Floyd, who both graduated from Design Academy Eindhoven in 2005 and whose industrial design work was among the highlights of that year's student output.
Their work is included in the 2007 International Design Yearbook - edited this year by Patricia Urquiola - as well as the Design Triennal that has just opened at the Cooper-Hewitt design museum in New York.
Easy Fit - formerly called DIYM (Do It Yourself Modern) - was launched by Droog in Cologne last week.
- Sagmeister & Walsh uses "sacred geomet…ry" to rebrand New York's Jewish Museum
- Westminster Chiming Grandfather Clock …by Ryan McElhinney
- Heinz Mack installs towering golden co…lumns on a Venetian island
- Stream of Light by Olivia Lee and Alie…nor de Chambrier
- Relumine by Mischer’Traxler
- Divers by Janina Loeve
- Scaffold Lights by Lanzavecchia + Wai
- Trimmer, Razor and Shaving Brush by Ja…cques-Elie Craig Ribeyron
- De La Espada at Qubique 2011
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories