Called Easy Fit, the globe-shaped polypropylene shade slips over a simple bulb housing.
Ransmeier & Floyd are Leon Ransmeier and Gwen Floyd, who both graduated from Design Academy Eindhoven in 2005 and whose industrial design work was among the highlights of that year's student output.
Their work is included in the 2007 International Design Yearbook - edited this year by Patricia Urquiola - as well as the Design Triennal that has just opened at the Cooper-Hewitt design museum in New York.
Easy Fit - formerly called DIYM (Do It Yourself Modern) - was launched by Droog in Cologne last week.
- Weight Here by KiBiSi for Menu
- Discarded marble tiles form products by …Paolo Ulian and Moreno Ratti
- Tokyo Fiber Senseware ’09 in Milan
- Welded Stools by Studio Libertiny
- Marcel Wanders for Marks & Spencer
- The Bradley tactile timepiece launches i…n Europe at Dezeen Watch Store
- CDSea by Bruce Munro
- Jonas Wagell expands Swell sofa range fo…r Normann Copenhagen
- Vera Knoot makes leather from unwanted g…oose skin
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories