Called Easy Fit, the globe-shaped polypropylene shade slips over a simple bulb housing.
Ransmeier & Floyd are Leon Ransmeier and Gwen Floyd, who both graduated from Design Academy Eindhoven in 2005 and whose industrial design work was among the highlights of that year's student output.
Their work is included in the 2007 International Design Yearbook - edited this year by Patricia Urquiola - as well as the Design Triennal that has just opened at the Cooper-Hewitt design museum in New York.
Easy Fit - formerly called DIYM (Do It Yourself Modern) - was launched by Droog in Cologne last week.
- Established & Sons in Milan 2
- Matka Vases by Pepe Heykoop
- Tokyo Designers Week interviews: Jaime H…ayón
- Balloon Chair by h220430 appears to floa…t above the ground
- Paizi 38 installation by reMIX Studio
- Bosco by Andrea Branzi for Superego
- Tout Va Bien cabinet by Antoine Audiau a…nd Manuel Warosz
- Berg Frei! by Nicole Losos
- RE:cover by Fredrik Färg
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories