Called Easy Fit, the globe-shaped polypropylene shade slips over a simple bulb housing.
Ransmeier & Floyd are Leon Ransmeier and Gwen Floyd, who both graduated from Design Academy Eindhoven in 2005 and whose industrial design work was among the highlights of that year's student output.
Their work is included in the 2007 International Design Yearbook - edited this year by Patricia Urquiola - as well as the Design Triennal that has just opened at the Cooper-Hewitt design museum in New York.
Easy Fit - formerly called DIYM (Do It Yourself Modern) - was launched by Droog in Cologne last week.
- "We use three basic 3D-printing processe…s at Materialise"
- Cityscape by Arne Quinze
- Dezeen Screen: Sweeper Clock by Maarten …Baas
- "In the future, design thinking is going… to be called emotionalism" – Roger Arquer
- Normal Vivid by Ross McBride now further… reduced at Dezeen Watch Store
- Clockwork Love by Tjep.
- Memories of the Future by Carl de Smet
- Kit Yamoyo by ColaLife and PI Global
- To Have and To Hold by JamesPlumb
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories