Called Easy Fit, the globe-shaped polypropylene shade slips over a simple bulb housing.
Ransmeier & Floyd are Leon Ransmeier and Gwen Floyd, who both graduated from Design Academy Eindhoven in 2005 and whose industrial design work was among the highlights of that year's student output.
Their work is included in the 2007 International Design Yearbook - edited this year by Patricia Urquiola - as well as the Design Triennal that has just opened at the Cooper-Hewitt design museum in New York.
Easy Fit - formerly called DIYM (Do It Yourself Modern) - was launched by Droog in Cologne last week.
- Cloud Walk Chandelier by Yu Jordy Fu
- AVL Glyder by Atelier Van Lieshout for L…ensvelt
- Towel With Further Options by NIIMI
- Barnaby Barford creates fashion story fo…r Wallpaper*
- Motorbike reinterpreted as a furniture p…iece by Joe Velluto
- Tripod installation by LIKEarchitects is… all stairs and balconies
- Special Spoons by Ineke Hans come like a… model kit
- Thomas Feichtner launches cutlery for Ja…rosinski & Vaugoin at Vienna Design Week
- Campana brothers design Camper accessori…es for London exhibition
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories