Australian architecture and design magazine POL Oxygen has been redesigned to coincide with its 21st issue.
Designer Marcus Piper has created a new typeface called FIDO for the magazine.
"It's called FIDO - not after a dog - but because they were the first letters developed," says Piper. "It comes from the geometric concept of the perfect rectangle. I started drawing very boldly based on this rectangle and found the key-lines far more interesting that the bolder shapes."
"Being so thin it helps create depth and scale on a two-dimensional page - by its nature it has to be used at large sizes but is light enough to let through an image without overriding it."
The relaunch issue contains features on Chris Bosse, part of the team designing Beijing's Olympic swimming centre; graphic designer Neville Brody; BMW designer Chris Bangle; and furniture designers El Ultimo Grito.
It also features a die-cut section featuring a global update on design developments, called Breathe (above).
The new issue will be out in Australia in the next week or so, and in Europe next month.
Karim Rashid is guest DJ at the party, which is called No Luxury. Invite below:
- Big Ben by Marcel Wanders
- Coat-hanger Chopper by Michael Schoner
- Izabela Bołoz's Intersections modules i…nterlock to form street furniture
- Robots by Rusti D. at R 20th Century
- The Chankley Bore by Maarten Baas
- Produzione Privata by Michele De Lucchi
- Hydraulic mechanisms tilt singers at Mon…cler Autumn Winter 2014 presentation
- L’arbre de Flonville by Oloom & Samuel… Wilkinson
- Parlour Lighting by Donna Bates
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories