Australian architecture and design magazine POL Oxygen has been redesigned to coincide with its 21st issue.
Designer Marcus Piper has created a new typeface called FIDO for the magazine.
"It's called FIDO - not after a dog - but because they were the first letters developed," says Piper. "It comes from the geometric concept of the perfect rectangle. I started drawing very boldly based on this rectangle and found the key-lines far more interesting that the bolder shapes."
"Being so thin it helps create depth and scale on a two-dimensional page - by its nature it has to be used at large sizes but is light enough to let through an image without overriding it."
The relaunch issue contains features on Chris Bosse, part of the team designing Beijing's Olympic swimming centre; graphic designer Neville Brody; BMW designer Chris Bangle; and furniture designers El Ultimo Grito.
It also features a die-cut section featuring a global update on design developments, called Breathe (above).
The new issue will be out in Australia in the next week or so, and in Europe next month.
Karim Rashid is guest DJ at the party, which is called No Luxury. Invite below:
- Textile Field by Ronan & Erwan Bourou…llec
- Pivot by Shay Alkalay
- Monolith eroded marble tableware by Sh…ira Keret
- The History of Typography by Ben Barre…tt-Forrest
- Taxidermy sheep cabinet joins Salvador… Dalí furniture collection
- Float by Benjamin Hubert for Unique Co…penhagen
- Grandi Legni by Andrea Branzi
- Hairbrush by Jack Beveridge and Lizzie… Reid
- Ineke Hans' Drawer Table offers storag…e for slender items
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories