Medicine Now, shown here, follows the the story of medicine from 1936 - the year Henry Wellcome, founder of medical research charity the Wellcome Trust, died - to now.
Exhibition graphics are by Kerr|Noble.
Below is a brief press release from the Wellcome Collection:
Medicine Man & Medicine Now
On the 22nd of June Wellcome Collection, a brand new public space and major exhibition venue has opened in central London.
Wellcome Collections provides a new and powerful approach to engaging the public with medical science and art, offering two permanent exhibitions, one temporary exhibition space, a library, bookshop and café.
The two new permanent exhibition spaces, Medicine Man and Medicine Now, have been design by Gitta Gschwendtner with exhibition graphics
- Brooches by Mr Jones Watches
- Scaffold Lights by Lanzavecchia + Wai
- Laura Lynn Jansen and Thomas Vailly "gro…w" stone tableware
- Dezeen Platform: Wrap magazine issue thr…ee
- Fluxus by Karim Rashid and Michela Viane…llo
- Teso table by Foster + Partners for Molt…eni&C
- Gardenias by Jaime Hayón for BD Barcelo…na Design
- Curt deck chair by Bernhard Burkard
- Noyberg & Bulka uses sewing machines to …stamp ink patterns onto clothes
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories