Medicine Now, shown here, follows the the story of medicine from 1936 - the year Henry Wellcome, founder of medical research charity the Wellcome Trust, died - to now.
Exhibition graphics are by Kerr|Noble.
Below is a brief press release from the Wellcome Collection:
Medicine Man & Medicine Now
On the 22nd of June Wellcome Collection, a brand new public space and major exhibition venue has opened in central London.
Wellcome Collections provides a new and powerful approach to engaging the public with medical science and art, offering two permanent exhibitions, one temporary exhibition space, a library, bookshop and café.
The two new permanent exhibition spaces, Medicine Man and Medicine Now, have been design by Gitta Gschwendtner with exhibition graphics
- Attic by Studio Chad Wright
- Hang Around and Toss Around by KiBiSi fo…r Muuto
- Nika Zupanc bases furniture collection f…or Sé on "an imaginary private sports club"
- Sticks and Stones and Broken Bones by St…udio Toogood and Izé
- Mermaids by Marcel Wanders for Moooi
- Edible water bottle replaces plastic wit…h algae
- Bijlmer Station by Grimshaw
- Basket by Marco Dessí for Lobmeyr
- Champions by Konstantin Grcic at Galleri…e Kreo
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories