Medicine Now, shown here, follows the the story of medicine from 1936 - the year Henry Wellcome, founder of medical research charity the Wellcome Trust, died - to now.
Exhibition graphics are by Kerr|Noble.
Below is a brief press release from the Wellcome Collection:
Medicine Man & Medicine Now
On the 22nd of June Wellcome Collection, a brand new public space and major exhibition venue has opened in central London.
Wellcome Collections provides a new and powerful approach to engaging the public with medical science and art, offering two permanent exhibitions, one temporary exhibition space, a library, bookshop and café.
The two new permanent exhibition spaces, Medicine Man and Medicine Now, have been design by Gitta Gschwendtner with exhibition graphics
- Today at Dezeen Platform: LingJing Yin…, Mark McKeague and Ting Chung Jessica Cheng
- More Design Indaba photos
- Another Chair by Karen Ryan
- State of Things by Klubben
- Wreath Project by Agnieszka Lasota
- AndreyAndShay melds colourful bristles… to form Monobloc Brushes
- e-glue vinyl wall decorations for chil…dren
- 111 Navy Chair by Emeco
- Build Your Own Musical Instrument by T…echnology Will Save Us at Hacked Lab
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories