Medicine Now, shown here, follows the the story of medicine from 1936 - the year Henry Wellcome, founder of medical research charity the Wellcome Trust, died - to now.
Exhibition graphics are by Kerr|Noble.
Below is a brief press release from the Wellcome Collection:
Medicine Man & Medicine Now
On the 22nd of June Wellcome Collection, a brand new public space and major exhibition venue has opened in central London.
Wellcome Collections provides a new and powerful approach to engaging the public with medical science and art, offering two permanent exhibitions, one temporary exhibition space, a library, bookshop and café.
The two new permanent exhibition spaces, Medicine Man and Medicine Now, have been design by Gitta Gschwendtner with exhibition graphics
- Frank Lloyd Wright Collection by AdamRee…d Tucker and The LEGO Group
- Jasper Morrison designs Kali chair to fu…nd African orphanage
- Cityscape by Arne Quinze 2
- 100% Inspiration: Jamie Anley
- Movie: Jaguar clay modelling at Clerkenw…ell Design Week
- Hella Jongerius: "Why make new stuff eve…ry year? I'm happy to work on the classics"
- Dominic Wilcox's "car of the future" is …driverless and made of stained glass
- Numen/For Use creates inhabitable "corpo…real" installation with sticky tape
- "I use my imagination to create story sp…aces" - Katrin Olina at Dezeen Live
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories