OMA in the Middle East: Office for Metropolitan Architecture have sent over a few more images of Dubai Renaissance, a 300m-tall rotating skyscraper.
The tower is conceived as a slab of traditional city lifted up from horizontal to vertical and accessible via "vertical transport" rather than streets (above and below).
Interiors are the result of collaborations with artists and designers, including Konstantin Grcic (top image).
Update 30/07/07: it seems this picture shows a previous project by Grcic (see comments below) but the image was provided by OMA, presumably because it is indicative of their interior concepts for Dubai Renaissance.
For more images and a full description and credits, see our earlier story.
- Hawaii Wildlife Centre by Ruhl Walker Ar…chitects
- Shenzhen International Airport Terminal …3 by Massimiliano and Doriana Fuksas
- Maccreanor Lavington overhauls Amsterdam…'s Kraaiennest metro station
- House in Amagi by Atelier Cube
- Beach house by Marc Koehler Architects i…s half submerged into a grassy dune
- Church congregation hall by SAGRA Archit…ects features a towering white belfry
- Arum by Zaha Hadid Architects at Venice …Architecture Biennale 2012
- La Llotja de Lleida by Mecanoo
- Areal Architecten's Mayerhof retirement …home wraps around two courtyards
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories