OMA in the Middle East: Office for Metropolitan Architecture have sent over a few more images of Dubai Renaissance, a 300m-tall rotating skyscraper.
The tower is conceived as a slab of traditional city lifted up from horizontal to vertical and accessible via "vertical transport" rather than streets (above and below).
Interiors are the result of collaborations with artists and designers, including Konstantin Grcic (top image).
Update 30/07/07: it seems this picture shows a previous project by Grcic (see comments below) but the image was provided by OMA, presumably because it is indicative of their interior concepts for Dubai Renaissance.
For more images and a full description and credits, see our earlier story.
- House in Yokohama by Torafu Architects
- Cemetery complex by Andrea Dragoni conta…ins public plazas and site-specific artworks
- Cité de l’Océan et du Surf by Steven… Holl and Solange Fabião
- Rotterdam Centraal station reopens with …a pointed metal-clad entrance
- Origami House by TSC Architects features… a roof modelled on folded paper
- Vincent Laforet documents New York with …aerial photographs
- Southwark Lido by EXYZT and Sara Muzio
- Block H by Kohn Pedersen Fox
- Tianmen Mountain Restaurant by Liu Chong…xiao
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories