OMA in the Middle East: Office for Metropolitan Architecture have sent over a few more images of Dubai Renaissance, a 300m-tall rotating skyscraper.
The tower is conceived as a slab of traditional city lifted up from horizontal to vertical and accessible via "vertical transport" rather than streets (above and below).
Interiors are the result of collaborations with artists and designers, including Konstantin Grcic (top image).
Update 30/07/07: it seems this picture shows a previous project by Grcic (see comments below) but the image was provided by OMA, presumably because it is indicative of their interior concepts for Dubai Renaissance.
For more images and a full description and credits, see our earlier story.
- Slit Court by EASTERN Design Office
- Atelier in Ushimado by Tezuka Architects
- Packed by Min‐Chieh Chen, Dominik Zaus…inger and Michele Leidi
- The Periscope by VW+BS
- Down the long driveway: New Zealand home…s photographed by Mary Gaudin
- Urban Mediaspace by Schmidt Hammer Lasse…n
- Reframe by Paul Scales and Atelier Kit
- Scrap Skyscraper by Projeto Coletivo
- Kannisto School by Linja Architects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories