OMA in the Middle East: Office for Metropolitan Architecture have sent over a few more images of Dubai Renaissance, a 300m-tall rotating skyscraper.
The tower is conceived as a slab of traditional city lifted up from horizontal to vertical and accessible via "vertical transport" rather than streets (above and below).
Interiors are the result of collaborations with artists and designers, including Konstantin Grcic (top image).
Update 30/07/07: it seems this picture shows a previous project by Grcic (see comments below) but the image was provided by OMA, presumably because it is indicative of their interior concepts for Dubai Renaissance.
For more images and a full description and credits, see our earlier story.
- Livraria de Vila by Isay Weinfeld Arquit…ecto
- Seacliff House by Chris Elliott Architec…ts
- Autostadt Roof and Service Pavilion by G…RAFT Gesellschaft von Architekten
- Movie by Pedro Kok: Casa Modernista da R…ua Santa Cruz by Gregori Warchavchik
- Photographs of the work of Peter Zumthor… by Hélène Binet
- Photographer shoots his own house: Ed's …Shed by David Adjaye
- ESGE Ecole Secondaire de Genolierby ipas
- Dezeen's A-Zdvent calendar: House A by T…akeshi Hamada
- O'Donnell + Tuomey complete faceted bric…k student centre at London School of Economics
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories