OMA in the Middle East: Office for Metropolitan Architecture have sent over a few more images of Dubai Renaissance, a 300m-tall rotating skyscraper.
The tower is conceived as a slab of traditional city lifted up from horizontal to vertical and accessible via "vertical transport" rather than streets (above and below).
Interiors are the result of collaborations with artists and designers, including Konstantin Grcic (top image).
Update 30/07/07: it seems this picture shows a previous project by Grcic (see comments below) but the image was provided by OMA, presumably because it is indicative of their interior concepts for Dubai Renaissance.
For more images and a full description and credits, see our earlier story.
- Canteen building by Knowspace features a… granite facade "like lychee skin"
- The Third Space at Designers' Saturday
- Housing Hatert by 24H architecture
- Vaulted brick pavilion in Barcelona by M…ap13
- Richard Rogers + Architects at Pompidou …Centre
- Dachi Papuashvili's cross-shaped micro h…ome would be built from overlapping containers
- Peruri 88 by MVRDV, Jerde and Arup
- Greenland Group Suzhou Center by SOM
- Shanghai Oriental Sports Centre by GMP A…rchitekten
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories