Designer Arne Quinze of furniture brand Quinze & Milan has announce plans to build another of his giant wooden sculptures, this time in the centre of Brussels, Belgium.
Called Cityscape, the artwork will be 40m long and 18m high and will stay in situ for a year.
Last year, Quinze erected a similar structure at the Burning Man festival in Nevada, which he then set fire to (above and below). However there are no plans to burn the Brussels installation.
Here is a bit of text about the project from Quinze & Milan:
Arne Quinze builds a giant wooden sculpture in Brussels.
The Belgian designer / artist Arne Quinze is going to build a giant wooden sculpture in the centre of Brussels. This piece of art that's called 'Cityscape', will stay there for a year.
It's going to be a construction of 40m long, 25m deep and 18m high. An abstract sculpture, a snapshot of a form that's in full development progress.
- Pentaphone by Robert Stadler
- Turtle by Sehwan Oh
- Il Hoon Roh weaves carbon fibre string i…nto curved armchair
- Gijs Bakker shows Shotgun Saloon
- Barbie Dreamhouse by Roksanda Ilincic an…d SHOWstudio
- Origin part III - Contrast by BCXSY
- To Be Continued by Julien Carretero
- Diana Vreeland: The Eye Has To Travel
- Tap Top by Neil Barron
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories