Designer Arne Quinze of furniture brand Quinze & Milan has announce plans to build another of his giant wooden sculptures, this time in the centre of Brussels, Belgium.
Called Cityscape, the artwork will be 40m long and 18m high and will stay in situ for a year.
Last year, Quinze erected a similar structure at the Burning Man festival in Nevada, which he then set fire to (above and below). However there are no plans to burn the Brussels installation.
Here is a bit of text about the project from Quinze & Milan:
Arne Quinze builds a giant wooden sculpture in Brussels.
The Belgian designer / artist Arne Quinze is going to build a giant wooden sculpture in the centre of Brussels. This piece of art that's called 'Cityscape', will stay there for a year.
It's going to be a construction of 40m long, 25m deep and 18m high. An abstract sculpture, a snapshot of a form that's in full development progress.
- Manuscript by Paul Cocksedge Studio
- iPad by Apple
- A utensil is not just a utensil by James… Stoklund
- Movie: Blickfang designworkshop 2012
- Wired Store Annex by Tronic Studio
- Architonic presents products from Salone… del Mobile and Euroluce 2009
- Industry by Tom Dixon
- Isom tables by Sebastian Scherer
- Antibodies by the Campana Brothers at Vi…tra Design Museum
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories