Designer Arne Quinze of furniture brand Quinze & Milan has announce plans to build another of his giant wooden sculptures, this time in the centre of Brussels, Belgium.
Called Cityscape, the artwork will be 40m long and 18m high and will stay in situ for a year.
Last year, Quinze erected a similar structure at the Burning Man festival in Nevada, which he then set fire to (above and below). However there are no plans to burn the Brussels installation.
Here is a bit of text about the project from Quinze & Milan:
Arne Quinze builds a giant wooden sculpture in Brussels.
The Belgian designer / artist Arne Quinze is going to build a giant wooden sculpture in the centre of Brussels. This piece of art that's called 'Cityscape', will stay there for a year.
It's going to be a construction of 40m long, 25m deep and 18m high. An abstract sculpture, a snapshot of a form that's in full development progress.
- Vostok Cabin by Atelier Van Lieshout
- To The Victor – The Spoils! by Airside
- Tavolo Cobogó by the Campana Brothers
- Open Room No.1 by Matali Crasset
- Camerino Collection by Brose~Fogale
- Solid Shell by VW+BS for Decode at Bench… 10
- Jaime Hayón shoes for Camper
- Bombay Sapphire at the London Design Fes…tival: Dusk Bar by Tom Dixon
- Mama Look by Anna Kraitz
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories