Gudrun Lilja Gunnlaugsdóttir of Icelandic design group Studiobility has created Lava Flower, an object made of water jet-cut volcanic lava.
Lava Flower is based on Gunnlaugsdóttir's Inner Beauty series of tables, which were part of her graduation project at Design Academy Eindhoven a few years back.
"The lava stone was taken where a new road is being laid and turned into nature/story again," says Gunnlaugsdóttir'. "In Iceland we believe the "hidden" people live in the stones." More about the hidden people - and trolls too - here.
The limited edition Lava Flower, which measures 40cm x 40cm x 40cm, will be shown among other new designs in January at ToolsGalerie in Paris.
- Vanitas lamp by Charlotte Dumoncel d'Arg…ence
- Altered Appliances by Piet Zwart Institu…te students
- King Bonk by Fredrikson Stallard
- UNA wine bottles by Cibicworkshop
- Dandelight by Drift
- Snoopy by Iskos-Berlin for Versus
- Architects' faces are made up of their b…uildings in Federico Babina's Archiportraits series
- Origin part II: Balance by BCXSY
- Holzbank by Thomas Schnur
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories