Slovenian architects Sadar Vuga Arhitekti have sent us some photos of Apartment House Zvezda, a residential building in Nova Gorica.
Photos are by Hisao Suzuki (first and last images) and Miran Kambic (the other three).
Here's the info:
The House Zvezda is the first apartment building in Nova Gorica with its own garden, underground parking, attractive façade with French windows and balconies, and penthouses with terraces in the attic.
Its architecture and design assure identification on three levels to its residents: my house – Zvezda House, my garden – the common house garden, and my apartment. The garden of the building is designed between the crooked shapes of the building, the Prvomajska Street and the street on the southern side of the location. The garden represents the common place of the residents to socialize and relax outside the building.
The game of the "windows" and "balconies" openings with emphasized frames on the colour-neutral façade background will become an easy-to-remember image of the House Zvezda and its trademark from the Rejčeva Street and the Prvomajska Road.
Apartment House Zvezda
Nova Gorica, Slovenia, 2004 - 2006
Formula: Blown-up Window
Client: Primorje d.d.
Address/Site: Prvomajska and Rejčeva Street, Nova Gorica, Slovenia
Site area: 5.182 m2
Building area: 1.315 m2
Total floor area: 4.320 m2 basement + 6.281 m2 above
Storeys: basement, ground floor, 3 storeys, attica
Cladding: coloured metal frames + balconies on plaster façade
Parking: underground 110 + outside 4 cars
Architect: SVA (Jurij Sadar, Boštjan Vuga, Beno Masten, Goran Golubič, Milena Monssen, Miha Pešec, John Paul Americo, Tomaž Krištof, Vid Mozina, Lucijan Šifrer)
- Domino Sugar by SHoP Architects and Jame…s Corner Field Operations
- Garden chapel by AZL Architects features… semi-transparent walls and a butterfly roof
- Slideshow feature: Fogo Island Artists' …Studios by Saunders Architecture
- Trees and exhibition stands line up with… skylights inside Umwelt's Ambient 30_60 pavilion
- Abandoned concrete bunker converted into… a green power plant by IBA Hamburg
- New Pinterest board: Australian houses
- MAPA's XAN House in Brazil combines raw …concrete with slatted timber
- Cambridge Cat Clinic by Gort Scott
- Three stacked volumes comprise Hectaar o…ffice building by CAAN Architecten
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories