Dutch designer Freedom of Creation have sent us a short movie showing the making of Electric Light Shoe, the giant, rapid-prototyped, illuminated trainer containing a miniature city that they designed for footwear brand Onitsuka Tiger (see our earlier story).
The movie shows how the metre-long shoe was designed on a computer, then manufactured piece by piece on a selective laser sintering machine. More info on this project here.
- Designed in Hackney: Costume designs f…or Carbon Life by Gareth Pugh
- The Reflection Range by Kim Thome at S…how RCA 2012
- Marc Fornes creates pink "envelope of …experiential tension" for Situation Room installation
- Chocolate Mill by Wieki Somers at the …Vitra Design Museum
- Plakbanterie by Johan Bruninx
- Spider's Thread by Tokujin Yoshioka
- Blankets by Snøhetta for Røros Tweed
- Strange Symphony by Philipp Weber
- Interview: Tai Ping collection by And…re Fu
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories