Dutch designer Freedom of Creation have sent us a short movie showing the making of Electric Light Shoe, the giant, rapid-prototyped, illuminated trainer containing a miniature city that they designed for footwear brand Onitsuka Tiger (see our earlier story).
The movie shows how the metre-long shoe was designed on a computer, then manufactured piece by piece on a selective laser sintering machine. More info on this project here.
- Vitra to show Barber and Osgerby furnitu…re at London Design Festival
- Ondo by Kenyon Yeh
- The Swiss Art of Expression by Laufen in… Milan
- Jak by Karim Rashid for Alessi
- Dancing Vases by Robin van Hontem
- Snake&Molting legwear by Camille Cortet
- Delicious by Mathieu Lehanneur
- Unintended Functions by Nick Allman
- Colour and the Machine by Minimalux
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories