Dutch designer Freedom of Creation have sent us a short movie showing the making of Electric Light Shoe, the giant, rapid-prototyped, illuminated trainer containing a miniature city that they designed for footwear brand Onitsuka Tiger (see our earlier story).
The movie shows how the metre-long shoe was designed on a computer, then manufactured piece by piece on a selective laser sintering machine. More info on this project here.
- Philippe Starck's Juicy Salif was "the m…ost controversial lemon squeezer of the century"
- Water Calligraphy Device by Nicholas Ha…nna
- Ran Out by Shlomit Bauman
- Open Source Sea Chair by Studio Swine
- Klara by Patricia Urquiola for Moroso
- Y Parametric table by Krystian Kwiecińs…ki
- The Skullmate by Luke Twigger
- Arne Jacobsen's Drop chair reintroduced …by Republic of Fritz Hansen
- Stereotype by Daizi Zheng
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories