Dutch designer Freedom of Creation have sent us a short movie showing the making of Electric Light Shoe, the giant, rapid-prototyped, illuminated trainer containing a miniature city that they designed for footwear brand Onitsuka Tiger (see our earlier story).
The movie shows how the metre-long shoe was designed on a computer, then manufactured piece by piece on a selective laser sintering machine. More info on this project here.
- Sensorial Brushes by Najla El Zein Works…pace are designed to stimulate the skin
- Secret Operation 610 by Rietveld Landsca…pe and Studio Frank Havermans
- Joris Laarman Lab explores 3D-printed me…tal and open-source chair designs in New York exhibition
- Croatian designer creates giant light sh…ow by illuminating shipyard cranes
- Lulu lamp by Jean-Sébastien Lagrange
- V&A exhibition to celebrate objects desi…gned for political protests
- Lina Patsiou's leather Sunclocks get tan…ned in the solarium
- The Fantasy collection by Jaime Hayón
- Official Team GB Olympic Kitby Stella Mc…Cartney
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories