Dutch designer Freedom of Creation have sent us a short movie showing the making of Electric Light Shoe, the giant, rapid-prototyped, illuminated trainer containing a miniature city that they designed for footwear brand Onitsuka Tiger (see our earlier story).
The movie shows how the metre-long shoe was designed on a computer, then manufactured piece by piece on a selective laser sintering machine. More info on this project here.
- Making of Zaha Hadid's NOVA shoes for Un…ited Nude
- Nike revamps the basketball shoe for LeB…ron James
- Aston Martin's Vantage GT3 is designed t…o "bridge the gap between road and track"
- G-Star RAW and Vitra join forces to rela…unch Jean Prouvé's 1940s office furniture
- Maarten Baas in Milan
- David Bowie is at the V&A
- Peroni Collaborazioni Talks: Fabio Nove…mbre part 1
- 251 Series by Uniform Wares at Dezeen Wa…tch Store
- TV Easel by Axel Bjurström
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories