We've been saving this one for Valentine's Day... Love in the City is a concept by Dutch designer Anke Weiss to turn red stop lights into love hearts.
The concept involves covering red lights with circular stickers with heart-shaped cutouts.
"The heart-shaped stickers are put on the stoplights at night," says Weiss. "Red is not only the color of danger and restriction, but also the color of passion and love. By changing the shape of the stoplight the atmosphere in the city is altered. Hopefully the busy city-people take a moment to snap out of their daily rush"
Weiss also designed the Packaging Lights we featured a few months ago.
- Kami pots by Ett La Benn
- Design Museum Collection App:music
- New Danish Modern by Normann Copenhagen
- Robert Stadler installation in a Parisia…n church
- Virgola by Giulio Manzoni for Campeggi
- Sibling turns pink fur and brown paper p…ackaging into clothing
- Pod by Benjamin Hubert for De Vorm
- Change! by BCXSY
- Typefaces by Wim Crouwel for The Foundry
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories