We've been saving this one for Valentine's Day... Love in the City is a concept by Dutch designer Anke Weiss to turn red stop lights into love hearts.
The concept involves covering red lights with circular stickers with heart-shaped cutouts.
"The heart-shaped stickers are put on the stoplights at night," says Weiss. "Red is not only the color of danger and restriction, but also the color of passion and love. By changing the shape of the stoplight the atmosphere in the city is altered. Hopefully the busy city-people take a moment to snap out of their daily rush"
Weiss also designed the Packaging Lights we featured a few months ago.
- In Praise of Shadows at The V&A
- SuperDesign at Victoria House, London
- dezeen loves... Deitch PAPER Art Store
- Changing Cupboard by Front
- Smasher by DesignWright
- New work from Tom Dixon
- "There's a huge burst of creativity" in …New York says Lindsey Adelman
- Hospital door handle sanitises users' ha…nds and measures cleanliness of staff
- Blobwall by Greg Lynn
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories