We've been saving this one for Valentine's Day... Love in the City is a concept by Dutch designer Anke Weiss to turn red stop lights into love hearts.
The concept involves covering red lights with circular stickers with heart-shaped cutouts.
"The heart-shaped stickers are put on the stoplights at night," says Weiss. "Red is not only the color of danger and restriction, but also the color of passion and love. By changing the shape of the stoplight the atmosphere in the city is altered. Hopefully the busy city-people take a moment to snap out of their daily rush"
Weiss also designed the Packaging Lights we featured a few months ago.
- Dezeen Watch Store: Whereverby Denis Gui…done
- "I started my company with a completely …bogus business plan" - Janne Kyttanen
- Cork corner stops Ilias Ernst's minimal …clock from rolling away
- Eclipse Mirror by Bodo Sperlein
- Massimiliano Fuksas for Sawaya & Moroni
- Spider's Thread by Tokujin Yoshioka
- An Almost Ephimeral Autumn by Luzinterru…ptus
- Quell & Company designs iPhone dock to b…e "at home in the home"
- Marc Newson designs "revolutionary" draf…t beer machine for Heineken
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories