We've been saving this one for Valentine's Day... Love in the City is a concept by Dutch designer Anke Weiss to turn red stop lights into love hearts.
The concept involves covering red lights with circular stickers with heart-shaped cutouts.
"The heart-shaped stickers are put on the stoplights at night," says Weiss. "Red is not only the color of danger and restriction, but also the color of passion and love. By changing the shape of the stoplight the atmosphere in the city is altered. Hopefully the busy city-people take a moment to snap out of their daily rush"
Weiss also designed the Packaging Lights we featured a few months ago.
- Reichtum by Mark Braun for Lobmeyr
- Ilpox by Marina Hoermanseder
- Pernilla Ohrstedt demonstrates how "our …world will be captured in digital form"
- Skin Collection by Pepe Heykoop
- Patricia Urquiola at Belgrade Design Wee…k
- Eley Kishimoto and Fossil launch watch w…ith a "new way of telling time"
- Arik Levy uses bent wood for the first t…ime in Split furniture collection for TON
- Bodo Sperlein chandeliers for Lladró
- Lumps of charcoal suspended in mid air c…reate outlines of classical architecture and furniture
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories