We've been saving this one for Valentine's Day... Love in the City is a concept by Dutch designer Anke Weiss to turn red stop lights into love hearts.
The concept involves covering red lights with circular stickers with heart-shaped cutouts.
"The heart-shaped stickers are put on the stoplights at night," says Weiss. "Red is not only the color of danger and restriction, but also the color of passion and love. By changing the shape of the stoplight the atmosphere in the city is altered. Hopefully the busy city-people take a moment to snap out of their daily rush"
Weiss also designed the Packaging Lights we featured a few months ago.
- REK bookcase by Reinier de Jong
- Alchemy by Cristian Zuzunaga at The Te…mporium
- Under My Roof by Christian Vivanco
- Designed in Hackney: Cricket by Kay + …Stemmer
- Something Good produces accessories co…llection in Italy
- Isabel Ahm's Secretary Desk is designe…d for working at home
- Hulger Indian Call Centre and The Repl…enishing Body movie
- Origami by Carlos Tíscar for Offecct
- Movie: tour of Innovation Design Engin…eering at Show RCA 2012 with Miles Pennington
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories