Artist/designer Sighn is creating a solid wood cutout saying "IT'S OK" in a limited edition of one million.
Every one of the pieces - made from scrap wood from the artist's studio - will be hand cut, signed and numbered by Sighn, who expects the project to take up to 60 years.
Sighn tells us: ""I just want to let you in on a project I'm working on. A hand cut edition of 1 million. No joke, this will probably take the next 30-60 years to finish. I am now planting a tree for every piece sold off my site. I'm also planning a 24 cut-a-thon this summer, where I will see how many I can cut out in one day."
There is a video explaining the project here.
The edition can be bought via Multi Polar Projects.
Edition of 1 Million
Released by Multi Polar Projects
2" x 3.5"
Varying thickness & type of Wood
Every piece is hand cut & numbered by the artist
- Furniture that looks like giant sweets b…y Matthias Borowski
- Crush by Fredrikson Stallard at David Gi…ll Galleries
- FIVE Olive Oil bottles and packaging by …World Excellent Products
- London building turned upside down by Al…ex Chinneck
- Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark artwor…k by Peter Saville and Tom Skipp
- Power of Making at the V&A
- Wave Cabinet by Sebastian Errazuriz open…s "like a paper fan"
- "The floating illuminated telephone numb…er had no explanation" - Paul Cocksedge
- Monolith eroded marble tableware by Shir…a Keret
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories