Artist/designer Sighn is creating a solid wood cutout saying "IT'S OK" in a limited edition of one million.
Every one of the pieces - made from scrap wood from the artist's studio - will be hand cut, signed and numbered by Sighn, who expects the project to take up to 60 years.
Sighn tells us: ""I just want to let you in on a project I'm working on. A hand cut edition of 1 million. No joke, this will probably take the next 30-60 years to finish. I am now planting a tree for every piece sold off my site. I'm also planning a 24 cut-a-thon this summer, where I will see how many I can cut out in one day."
There is a video explaining the project here.
The edition can be bought via Multi Polar Projects.
Edition of 1 Million
Released by Multi Polar Projects
2" x 3.5"
Varying thickness & type of Wood
Every piece is hand cut & numbered by the artist
- Insert by Leo Yiu
- Illum camera creates interactive photo…graphs that users can re-focus after shooting
- M2 by Milev Architects
- Ear Sofa by St Ely for Lerival
- "We didn't want to take over the neigh…bourhood" - Philippe Malouin
- Valeska Jasso Collado folds latex-cove…red foam into geometric garments
- Twin'Z concept car by Ross Lovegrove f…or Renault
- Giant flowers obscure models in Ondrej… Adamek's graduate fashion collection
- In a Pinch shelving system by Arttu Ku…isma
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories