Dezeen's (almost) monthly top ten: each month we present a hit parade of stories from our archive. Here are the skyscraper stories that were most popular during February:
1: In first place is a tower made of LEGO bricks. LEGO towers by Bjarke Ingels Group (above; viewed 2,098 times in February 2008).
2: 53 West 53rd Street by Jean Nouvel (above and top; viewed 1,942 times)
3: Moscow Expocenter by Zaha Hadid (viewed 1,509 times)
4: Jean Nouvel in Doha (viewed 1,429 times)
5: Scala Copenhagen by Bjarke Ingels Group (viewed 1,383 times)
6: Dynamic Architecture in Dubai (viewed 1,007 times)
7: Lilium Tower in Warsaw by Zaha Hadid (viewed 952 times)
8: Pierao XXI in Vigo by Jean Nouvel (viewed 835 times)
9: The Landmark in Beirut by Jean Nouvel (viewed 834 times)
10: Dubai Renaissance by OMA (viewed 784 times)
Just outside the top ten are Torre Bicentenario in Mexico City by OMA (viewed 736 times) and Phare in Paris by Morphosis (viewed 695 times). But despite this late showing by OMA, Jean Nouvel comes out tops in Dezeen's tower stakes.
That’s it for now; another top ten coming in April. Probably.
See also our list of the most popular stories during our first twelve months, published in November last year; and our top ten Dezeen stories from December.
- Dezeen Screen: Cultural Centre in Tirana… by BIG
- Playhouse on stilts by Sharon Davis feat…ures a slide, a climbing frame and a lookout point
- 2b Architectes creates patchwork facade …for concrete apartment block in Lausanne
- Casa Mava by Gubbins Arquitectos
- Kieran Long is new AJ editor
- Raised outdoor cabins connected to Goodw…ood Residence apartments by WOHA
- California home for a violinist features… underground rooms and a rooftop pool
- Delta House by Yoshiyasu Mizuno centres …around a triangular courtyard
- Francisco Mangado expands a Spanish muse…um by adding a new building behind a historic facade
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories