Dezeen's (almost) monthly top ten: each month we present a hit parade of stories from our archive. Here are the skyscraper stories that were most popular during February:
1: In first place is a tower made of LEGO bricks. LEGO towers by Bjarke Ingels Group (above; viewed 2,098 times in February 2008).
2: 53 West 53rd Street by Jean Nouvel (above and top; viewed 1,942 times)
3: Moscow Expocenter by Zaha Hadid (viewed 1,509 times)
4: Jean Nouvel in Doha (viewed 1,429 times)
5: Scala Copenhagen by Bjarke Ingels Group (viewed 1,383 times)
6: Dynamic Architecture in Dubai (viewed 1,007 times)
7: Lilium Tower in Warsaw by Zaha Hadid (viewed 952 times)
8: Pierao XXI in Vigo by Jean Nouvel (viewed 835 times)
9: The Landmark in Beirut by Jean Nouvel (viewed 834 times)
10: Dubai Renaissance by OMA (viewed 784 times)
Just outside the top ten are Torre Bicentenario in Mexico City by OMA (viewed 736 times) and Phare in Paris by Morphosis (viewed 695 times). But despite this late showing by OMA, Jean Nouvel comes out tops in Dezeen's tower stakes.
That’s it for now; another top ten coming in April. Probably.
See also our list of the most popular stories during our first twelve months, published in November last year; and our top ten Dezeen stories from December.
- Cabin Vardehaugen by Fantastic Norway
- China Design Now by Tonkin Liu
- Concrete education centre by Petr Háj…ek is sunken into a park landscape
- Gymnasium and Town Hall Esplanade in C…helles by LAN Architecture
- Stripy Melbourne school by McBride Cha…rles Ryan mirrors the local skyline
- Cachaça Museum by Jô Vasconcellos ha…s bright blue blocky facades
- Bedaux de Brouwer Architecten uses red… brick for Dutch countryside house
- Nestlé Chocolate Museum by Metro
- The Khan Shatyr Entertainment Centre b…y Foster + Partners
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories