With Somewhere In Between Aloisio hopes to unite the two main activities of Kartell: the Habitat division producing homeware and the Labware division manufacturing laboratory equipment.
The following text is from Aloisio:
SOMEWHERE IN BETWEEN.
Designer Andrew Aloisio reinterprets Kartell in his latest design installation.
Somewhere In Between is an installation of objects designed and created by industrial designer Andrew Aloisio. This is all achieved by using hand formed components made from aluminium combined with a range of carefully selected components from Kartell’s manufactured plastic Labware range.
Labware components used include test tubes, conical stoppers, test tube racks, retort stands, funnel holders, burette clamps and more.
The designs utilise these Labware components to perform functions away from what they would normally be used for. They assume a new identity in a completely new product.
From furniture to Labware, these new objects find themselves Somewhere In Between. The end result is a creative synthesis of components and designed objects.
- Tuyomyo by Frank Gehry for Emeco
- Spool Chair by Keisuke Fujiwara
- Manufacturing the Timber Wave by AL_A …and Arup
- New module enables Frankie Pendant lig…ht to go around corners
- Viggo chair made from two curving plyw…ood pieces by ShapingYourDay
- Outofstock's Flag cabinet conceals and… displays small objects
- Nosigner at 100% Design
- "We use software programming controls …as well as physical design" - Troika
- Tracks Headphone Series by Aiaiai and …Kilo Design
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories