With Somewhere In Between Aloisio hopes to unite the two main activities of Kartell: the Habitat division producing homeware and the Labware division manufacturing laboratory equipment.
The following text is from Aloisio:
SOMEWHERE IN BETWEEN.
Designer Andrew Aloisio reinterprets Kartell in his latest design installation.
Somewhere In Between is an installation of objects designed and created by industrial designer Andrew Aloisio. This is all achieved by using hand formed components made from aluminium combined with a range of carefully selected components from Kartell’s manufactured plastic Labware range.
Labware components used include test tubes, conical stoppers, test tube racks, retort stands, funnel holders, burette clamps and more.
The designs utilise these Labware components to perform functions away from what they would normally be used for. They assume a new identity in a completely new product.
From furniture to Labware, these new objects find themselves Somewhere In Between. The end result is a creative synthesis of components and designed objects.
- Movie: the making of Electric Light Shoe… by Freedom of Creation
- Basket by Marco Dessí for Lobmeyr
- Out of the Woods at the V&A museum
- Love With You music video by Harald Hara…ldsson
- ABChairs by Roeland Otten
- Classic songs become buildings in Federi…co Babina's Archimusic illustrations
- Change the Record by Paul Cocksedge
- Lab-grown materials form fashion and fur…niture for Vivorium lifestyle concept
- Twin'Z concept car by Ross Lovegrove for… Renault
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories