Meroz draws the lace-inspired patterns by hand, then has them laser-cut from stainless steel.
The products are part of an ongoing project called The Ornamented Life, where Meroz adds unusual decorations to objects and areas of the home which are usually overlooked. See our previous story for more from the collection.
Here's some text from Meroz:
Lace becomes very useful when its patterns are applied to metal drains. And drains turn from boring utilitarian objects into a decorative accessory.
Like a piece of jewelry which high-lights the eyes, the carved lace-drains brings the colour and shape of the sink back in focus, transforming your entire experience when brushing the teeth or doing the dishes.
Size: 8cm diameter
- 1Z by Continuum
- Drawings by Clo'e Floirat
- Crystal Collection by Pour les Alpes
- HSBC Private Bank Lounge by Campana Brot…hers
- Multithread by Clemens Weisshaar and Ree…d Kram
- Shift shelving system by Patricia Urquio…la
- "4D-printed" shape-changing dress and je…wellery by Nervous System
- Kristine Five Melvær's Liv vases encirc…le flowers with a glass hood
- Glück XL by Naomi Paul in The Changing …Room at Dezeen Super Store
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories