Meroz draws the lace-inspired patterns by hand, then has them laser-cut from stainless steel.
The products are part of an ongoing project called The Ornamented Life, where Meroz adds unusual decorations to objects and areas of the home which are usually overlooked. See our previous story for more from the collection.
Here's some text from Meroz:
Lace becomes very useful when its patterns are applied to metal drains. And drains turn from boring utilitarian objects into a decorative accessory.
Like a piece of jewelry which high-lights the eyes, the carved lace-drains brings the colour and shape of the sink back in focus, transforming your entire experience when brushing the teeth or doing the dishes.
Size: 8cm diameter
- AfroditiKrassa's Pentagon Pendant is cla…d in beveled mirrors
- Handle Pendants by Josie Morris
- Alta One bike by Frost Produkt, Norway S…ays and Bleed
- Pillhead lamps by A+Z Design
- Watches from new Australian brand Stock …launch at Dezeen Watch Store
- Aldo Bakker designs sculptural stainless… steel tableware for Georg Jensen
- Moon Fragment by Tokujin Yoshioka
- PLET Table by Reinier de Jong
- Roger Arquer designs a nutcracker to "ti…ckle the soul"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories