Meroz draws the lace-inspired patterns by hand, then has them laser-cut from stainless steel.
The products are part of an ongoing project called The Ornamented Life, where Meroz adds unusual decorations to objects and areas of the home which are usually overlooked. See our previous story for more from the collection.
Here's some text from Meroz:
Lace becomes very useful when its patterns are applied to metal drains. And drains turn from boring utilitarian objects into a decorative accessory.
Like a piece of jewelry which high-lights the eyes, the carved lace-drains brings the colour and shape of the sink back in focus, transforming your entire experience when brushing the teeth or doing the dishes.
Size: 8cm diameter
- Roksanda's Resort 2016 fashion collect…ion is patterned with Cubist shapes
- The Upside Dome by Gijs Van Vaerenberg…h
- Movie: Jaguar clay modelling at Clerke…nwell Design Week
- DIY Lampshades by Mostlikely
- Julian Lechner turns old coffee ground…s into reusable cups
- Torsten Sherwood's new construction to…y "takes great inspiration from Lego"
- Field Dressing by Sruli Recht
- Hush by Freyja Sewell
- SCP Autumn/Winter collection 2013
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories