Dezeen's top ten: for this month's installment of stories from our archives, here's a roundup of the ten stories about interiors that have been most viewed since Dezeen launched. In first place is Boekhandel Selexyz Dominicanen by Dutch architects Merkx + Girod - a bookstore inside a former Dominican church in Maastricht (viewed 18,151 times).
2. An apartment nicknamed The Big White in Bucharest designed by Romanian architects A.A. Studio. Some readers have speculated that it's popularity is due to the lady in red (viewed 15,687 times).
3. Once again our sneak preview of Kanye West's New York apartment designed by minimalist architect Claudio Silvestrin has made it into a top ten (viewed 14,994 times).
4. Blue Frog acoustic lounge and studios in Mumbai, India, designed by Angle-Indian architects Serie (viewed 11,071 times).
5. Art Suites at the Icehotel in Jukkasjärvi, Sweden, created by artists from around the world. The temporary hotel is created from snow and ice each winter (viewed 9,397 times.)
7. Maff Apartment, a bed and breakfast attic flat by Queeste Architecten in the Hague, the Netherlands (viewed 7,775 times).
8. A boutique in Tokyo by Japanese designers Jamo Associates for New York fashion designer Phillip Lim, (viewed 7,717 times).
9. Queen's Gate Terrace apartment by Hogarth Architects, a remodelled interior of a listed apartment in South Kensington, London (viewed 7,550 times).
10. Sayama flats by Schemata Architecture Office of Tokyo, a renovation of an apartment block in the suburb of Sayama (viewed 7,530 times).
That’s it for now; another top ten next month.
Most popular stories during our first twelve months
Top ten Dezeen stories from December 2007
Dezeen’s top ten skyscrapers (February 2008)
Dezeen’s top ten: houses (March 2008)
Dezeen’s top ten: Milan 2008 (April 2008)
Dezeen's top ten: stories with most comments (June 2008)
- Nook Architects add patterned floor tile…s and window seat to Barcelona apartment renovation
- Steor Spring Collection by Minorpoet
- High-definition Stone Mosaics by Exactmo…saics
- Coven by Marcelo Alvarenga
- NYC information centre by WXY Architectu…re
- NHow Hotel Milan by Matteo Thun 2
- "We're lucky to be a family-owned compan…y; we can do things we like to do"
- The JWT Agency by Mathieu Lehanneur
- Occidorient by François Mangeol
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories