Scenes created have included miniature dear grazing alongside cigarette buts, a man standing by a cash machine and a tiny woman using a post box, positioned next to the real thing.
Slinkachu modifies and paints figurines made for model train sets before installing them in streets and parks, where he photographs the scene and leaves the characters behind.
The exhibition is open 28 August - 20 September. A book of the designer's work, entitled 'Little People in the City' with a foreword by Will Self, will be launched on 5 September.
Here's some more information from Cosh Gallery:
GROUND ZERO: Little People in the City is the first solo show from Slinkachu featuring all new works at Cosh Gallery, Soho, this August. Slinkachu has taken street art to a new scale, painstakingly hand-painting tiny characters that live in a world that’s too small for us to always notice beneath our feet.
His street installations are constructed in all sorts of public spaces, the portrayal of little lives that mirror our own. Working in miniature opens up the city landscapes in unexpected ways and this is explored in Ground Zero where he literally brings you down to a new level.
Ground Zero is both street art installations and photography. The two go hand in hand with thesubsequent photograph uncovering his hidden world. The show depicts the little fears and anxieties of city life and the general feeling of being alone or insignificant in a large city. While the scenes reflect the loneliness and melancholy of urban life there is always an underlying sense of humour and feeling of empathy.
- Corpus 2.0 by Marcia Nolte
- Ink made from insects by Evelien Crooy
- Marlies Schets' reflective fabrics turn …everyday accessories into cycling safety gear
- Personal Reading in Public Sites by Luzi…nterruptus
- Milk Brother by Po-Chih Lai at Show RCA …2012
- Emeco's eco-friendly stool by Nendo is "…a system rather than a single piece of furniture"
- Bio-Customized Sneakers by Rayfish
- Ron Gilad designs shelves that seem to f…loat in metal frames
- Ammonite by Noé Duchaufour-Lawrance for… Meta
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories