100 international architects were invited by a local entrepreneur to each design one 1000 square metre villa. The architects were selected by Herzog & de Meuron and the masterplan is by artist Ai Wei Wei.
The following is from Dellekamp Arquitectos:
Villa N°14 / Ordos 100
A container that holds everything with the simplicity of the single line that conforms an ellipse.
A clear object that shows the mass of the program as a statement of ownership to the site.
A free standing structure contained in a continuous form that allows free flow of the open space.
A monolith that clearly suggest the urban relevance of this lot as an entrance to the 100 Villa Compound.
A surface, uninterrupted, created by grey brick and curved glass that strongly defines the interior from the exterior while it projects framed reflections of the surroundings.
A cloister that opens strategically, looking for the right amount of sun, light and views.
A central gathering of service areas as well as vertical circulations.
A continues space to the inside that rhythmically compresses and opens.
A single window and door with a height of 2.00m with three sizes that have the same proportion as the three sides of a brick (1 x 2, 4 x 2, 8 x 2)
A single proportion for the pieces.
A unity repeated through space and time.
Project name: Villa N°14 / Ordos 100
Architectural project: Dellekamp Arquitectos
Project leader: Ignacio Mendez.
Team: Jachen Schleich, Pedro Sanchez, Paulina Goycolea
Place: KangBaShi New District, Ordos City, Inner-Mongolia, P.R.China
- Serpentine Gallery Pavilion by SANAA (mo…re images)
- The Bergen Safe House by Max Rink, Rache…l Griffin and Simon de Jong
- Jeremie Maret builds a "transparent tiny… skyscraper" on a Berlin industrial estate
- Solar Decathlon house by Technische Univ…ersität Darmstadt
- Loyn & Co's Stormy Castle house pairs co…ncrete and glass with traditional stone
- Mihaly Slocombe extends vineyard home in… Australia with wooden nursery
- Daniel Fügenschuh adds white concrete l…oft to a 20th-century apartment block in Austria
- La Sentinelle house in Quebec by natureh…umaine
- East Beach Cafe interior
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories