100 international architects were invited by a local entrepreneur to each design one 1000 square metre villa. The architects were selected by Herzog & de Meuron and the masterplan is by artist Ai Wei Wei.
The following is from Dellekamp Arquitectos:
Villa N°14 / Ordos 100
A container that holds everything with the simplicity of the single line that conforms an ellipse.
A clear object that shows the mass of the program as a statement of ownership to the site.
A free standing structure contained in a continuous form that allows free flow of the open space.
A monolith that clearly suggest the urban relevance of this lot as an entrance to the 100 Villa Compound.
A surface, uninterrupted, created by grey brick and curved glass that strongly defines the interior from the exterior while it projects framed reflections of the surroundings.
A cloister that opens strategically, looking for the right amount of sun, light and views.
A central gathering of service areas as well as vertical circulations.
A continues space to the inside that rhythmically compresses and opens.
A single window and door with a height of 2.00m with three sizes that have the same proportion as the three sides of a brick (1 x 2, 4 x 2, 8 x 2)
A single proportion for the pieces.
A unity repeated through space and time.
Project name: Villa N°14 / Ordos 100
Architectural project: Dellekamp Arquitectos
Project leader: Ignacio Mendez.
Team: Jachen Schleich, Pedro Sanchez, Paulina Goycolea
Place: KangBaShi New District, Ordos City, Inner-Mongolia, P.R.China
- VitraHaus by Herzog & de Meuron
- Franke House by Studio Architecture Gest…alten
- Badajoz Fine Arts Museum extensions feat…ure speckled walls and bevelled edges
- House at Camusdarach Sands by RAW
- Family house by Wienberg Architects and …Friis & Moltke contains cosy oak-lined rooms
- Daikanyama T-Site by Klein Dytham Archit…ecture
- Cloudy House by Takao Shiotsuka
- Yang Zhao completes fishermen's pavilion… for Toyo Ito's post-tsunami reconstruction project
- Staedel Museum extension by Schneider+Sc…humacher Architekten
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories