12 models wore 12 pieces created since 1995, which will remain on show until 11 January.
Watch a video of the show here.
The following information is from Ted Noten:
Last Sunday, November 23d, Ted Noten was awarded with the Francoise van den Bosch Award, an international prize for jewellery makers. The prize consist of €5000,- and a purchase by the foundation.
We have combined the award ceremony with a catwalk presentation for the opening of a solo-exhibition at the Stedelijk Museum's-Hertogenbosch.
Ted explicitly did not want to show his works in glass boxes on socles, and he has always wanted to organize a catwalk show with professional models. We have collaborated with the Amsterdam Fashion Institute in organizing this event and have attracted many professionals that have (partly) donated their services. During the show, 12 models wore 12 pieces from Ted’s oeuvre.
After all models returned and placed their items on wooden circles on stage, the lights went off and 9 working men entered the room with perspex covers. All works were covered, lights went on again and there was the expo that stands for 6 weeks (until January 11th).
The works in the show were made in the period from 1995-2008.
On January 11th, a symposium will be held with the title Out of the Box, talks by Susan Pietzsch (D), James Beighton (UK) and Gert Staal (NL)
From February, the catwalk installation will stand in Belgium for the Hasselt Triennial for Fashion, Design and Art, alongside Inez van Lamsweerde/Vinoodh Matadin.
- Nendo manipulates metal to form Softer t…han Steel furniture collection
- Work in Progress at the Royal College of… Art
- Simplissimo by Jean Nouvel for Ligne Ros…et
- Pebble by Benjamin Hubert for De Vorm
- Augmented reality road markings and sign…age "could be applied as a digital layer"
- Neri Oxman creates wearable 3D-printed s…tructures for interplanetary voyages
- Nika Zupanc bases furniture collection f…or Sé on "an imaginary private sports club"
- F-Type by Jaguar
- Naoko Kanehira at New Designers
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories