This time Bergmans has applied her technique of blowing molten glass vases directly onto a range of traditional Middle Eastern furniture items.
The Al Sabah Art & Design Collection is a new project by Sheikh Majed Al-Sabah, founder of the Villa Moda chain of fashion stores.
See our earlier stories about Jaime Hayon's design for the Villa Moda store in Dubai and Marcel Wanders' design for the Bahrain store.
More Dezeen stories about Pieke Bergmans:
- Sensual Wave installation illuminates an… empty dock at La Grande-Motte harbour
- Chidori Furniture by Kengo Kuma and Asso…ciates
- United Nude's Float shoes are created on… a desktop 3D printer
- Paul Cocksedge at Trussardi
- 1:1 scaled-up dolls' house furniture by …Silva Lovasová
- M.A.S.S.A.S. by Patricia Urquiola for Mo…roso
- Family of OLEDs by Johanna Schoemaker
- Jasper Morrison's latest products for Vi…tra to feature at London Design Festival
- Aldo Bakker designs sculptural stainless… steel tableware for Georg Jensen
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories