This time Bergmans has applied her technique of blowing molten glass vases directly onto a range of traditional Middle Eastern furniture items.
The Al Sabah Art & Design Collection is a new project by Sheikh Majed Al-Sabah, founder of the Villa Moda chain of fashion stores.
See our earlier stories about Jaime Hayon's design for the Villa Moda store in Dubai and Marcel Wanders' design for the Bahrain store.
More Dezeen stories about Pieke Bergmans:
- .ORI sto by Jakub Piotr Kalinowski
- Branca by Industrial Facility for Mattia…zzi
- Jin Kuramoto adds maple furniture to Mat…suso T range
- B60 Sloop by John Pawson and Luca Brenta
- Charming Disaster
- The Bombay Sapphire Prize in Milan: vide…o diary day 4
- Solar Shade by Buro North
- Cloud Lamps by Yu Jordy Fu
- Bookbinder Shelf and bedroom furniture b…y Florian Hauswirth
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories