This time Bergmans has applied her technique of blowing molten glass vases directly onto a range of traditional Middle Eastern furniture items.
The Al Sabah Art & Design Collection is a new project by Sheikh Majed Al-Sabah, founder of the Villa Moda chain of fashion stores.
See our earlier stories about Jaime Hayon's design for the Villa Moda store in Dubai and Marcel Wanders' design for the Bahrain store.
More Dezeen stories about Pieke Bergmans:
- Mushroom inhalers replace vaccination …needles in RCA student proposal
- Plain Lighting and Rock Vase by Jin Ku…ramoto
- Heinz Mack installs towering golden co…lumns on a Venetian island
- Myrkr Chair by WORD
- Lard Series by Commonwealth
- Heavy Desk Light by Benjamin Hubert fo…r Decode
- Interview: Jerszy Seymour at Qubique 2…011
- Movie: Stuart Haygarth at Design Miami
- StokkeAustad's acoustic panels pair co…lourful fabric with metal and stone
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories