Mexican architects DCPP Arquitectos have completed a textile warehouse and office building in Mexico City.
Completed in 2007 for textile company Bayon Artell, the building features an entrance clad in white stone.
Here's some more information from DCPP Arquitectos:
The complex is located in south Mexico City, consisting of 4180 square meters. The project is marked by the horizontality of the warehouse.
The main idea of the project was to emphasize the entrance of the offices without breaking the language of the existing warehouse.
We kept the horizontality and played with the idea of contrast and movement by creating an element that appears to be floating.
This element its separated from the building and covered with a white stone, in contrast with the wall of the warehouse which is painted grey. We gave more importance to the entrance by locating the showroom as part of this floating element. We created a patio that not only organizes the space but its also gives natural light to the offices.
PROJECT TYPE: WAREHOUSE AND OFFICES
ADDRESS: LAV. STA LUCIA 38, COL. ALFONSO XIII, C.P. MEXICO D.F.
PROJECT ARCHITECT: PABLO PEREZ PALACIOS ALFONSO DE LA CONCHA ROJAS
PROJECT TEAM: MANUEL ROSIQUE ALFONSO DE LA CONCHA BERMEJILLO
CONSTRUCTION: CONSTRUCTORA MANACAR
- Maidstone Museum East Wingby Hugh Brough…ton Architects
- United Arab Emirates pavilion for Shangh…ai Expo 2010 by Foster + Partners
- YJP Administrative Center by HHD_FUN
- Inbetween House by Koji Tsutsui Architec…t & Associates
- Dezeen's A-Zdvent calendar: UNStudio
- Hong Kong PSi Tower by Michael Young
- Théatre le Bateau Feu by Mikou Design S…tudio
- 5468796 Architecture covers apartment bu…ilding in reflective panels of glazing
- Zenith music hall by Massimiliano and Do…riana Fuksas
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories