Filmed by Dezeen at Design Miami in front of a live audience, Cocksedge talks about five projects he selected in response to the Design Miami Chat Shows brief: My Design Life in Five Images.
Design Miami Chat Shows are supported by Fendi.
Here's a biography of Cocksedge:
Born in 1978 in London, Paul studied Industrial Design at Sheffield Hallam University but returned to London for his MA in Product Design at the Royal College of Art, where he studied under Ron Arad. In 2003, he founded Paul Cocksedge Studio with fellow RCA graduate Joana Pinho.
This internationally acclaimed design practice undertakes in-house design, accepts commissions and provides occasional consultancy work for a veritable panoply of clients and sectors, including the British Council, Conran & Partners, Droog, Swarovski and the London Design Museum.
The studio’s reputation has been built on lighting designs and installations, however Paul and Joana have recently expanded their focus to include furniture designs, currently in development.
- Pylon by Marcus Abrahamsson and Kristoff…er Fagerström for Nola
- Cocoon by Tanya Shukstelinsky
- Lianes, Roches, Conques by Ronan & Erwan… Bouroullec at Galerie Kreo
- Angell, Wyller & Aarseth's Saddle Chair …features pockets in each arm
- Applause Machine by Martin Smith
- Ruché beds and tables by Inga Sempé fo…r Ligne Roset
- Folded Leaf by Claesson Koivisto Rune
- Communicator by Martí Guixé for Alessi
- To celebrate World Toilet Day, here are …Dezeen's favourite unusual toilets
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories