The 40-storey building is adjacent to the China Central Television Headquarters (see our earlier story).
The almost-complete building was due to open this May and contain a hotel, theatre and studios. It was used for the 2008 Olympics but due to open officially later this year.
The structure was set on fire by stray fireworks fired by revellers celebrating Chinese New Year.
- Jerwood Gallery by HAT Projects
- River Soar bridge by Explorations Arch…itecture and Buro Happold
- Seven-metre doors reveal a courtyard i…nside TACHA_Design's Baan Yo Yen house
- Staedel Museum extension by Schneider+…Schumacher
- Iwan Baan on "architecture without arc…hitects"
- Villa SK by Atelier Thomas Pucher
- Landscape of the Year announced at Wor…ld Architecture Festival
- The Third Space at Designers' Saturday
- Groninger Museum renovation by Studio …Job, Maarten Baas and Jaime Hayón
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories