The 40-storey building is adjacent to the China Central Television Headquarters (see our earlier story).
The almost-complete building was due to open this May and contain a hotel, theatre and studios. It was used for the 2008 Olympics but due to open officially later this year.
The structure was set on fire by stray fireworks fired by revellers celebrating Chinese New Year.
- Cabel Industry headquarters by Massimo… Mariani
- Ladders lead to capsule-sized bedrooms… in Koyasan Guesthouse by Alphaville
- Landhausplatz by LAAC Architekten and …Stiefel Kramer Architecture
- The Rothschild Foundation by Stephen M…arshall Architects
- The Kingdom Tower by Adrian Smith + Go…rdon Gill Architecture
- Cibercentro Macarena by MedioMundo
- Canadian forest retreat by Christopher… Simmonds stretches out towards lake views
- Perforated walls bring light into the …heart of Gus Wüstemann's Los Limoneros house
- Zurich Elephant House boasts a domed w…ooden roof and swimming pools for animals
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories