The 40-storey building is adjacent to the China Central Television Headquarters (see our earlier story).
The almost-complete building was due to open this May and contain a hotel, theatre and studios. It was used for the 2008 Olympics but due to open officially later this year.
The structure was set on fire by stray fireworks fired by revellers celebrating Chinese New Year.
- Dezeen's A-Zdvent calendar: Oscar Niemey…er
- Fagerborg Kindergarten by RRA
- Metal-clad housing by Joliark features f…lush detailing and boxy balconies
- Wallpaper* EcoEdit
- Key projects by SelgasCano, Serpentine P…avilion 2015 designers
- Nike Air Force 1 Store by Torafu Archite…cts
- Areal Architecten's Mayerhof retirement …home wraps around two courtyards
- UK Pavilion at Shanghai Expo 2010 by Tho…mas Heatherwick
- Le Monolith by MVRDV
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories