The 40-storey building is adjacent to the China Central Television Headquarters (see our earlier story).
The almost-complete building was due to open this May and contain a hotel, theatre and studios. It was used for the 2008 Olympics but due to open officially later this year.
The structure was set on fire by stray fireworks fired by revellers celebrating Chinese New Year.
- Villa N°14 by Dellekamp Arquitectos
- Holmenkollen ski jump by Julien de Smedt
- Home 08 by i29
- Ball-Nogues win P.S.1 summer competition
- Vision 2030 by MVRDV
- Parking Lot by N+B Architectes
- Slate-clad chapel by Eriko Kasahara boas…ts a veil-inspired ceiling structure
- The Design Republic Commune by Neri&Hu
- Baku Crystal Hall by GMP Architekten
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories