The 40-storey building is adjacent to the China Central Television Headquarters (see our earlier story).
The almost-complete building was due to open this May and contain a hotel, theatre and studios. It was used for the 2008 Olympics but due to open officially later this year.
The structure was set on fire by stray fireworks fired by revellers celebrating Chinese New Year.
- House F by Ido Kenji
- Rectangular arches frame rooms and garde…ns at Cosmic House by UID Architects
- 52 by Suppose Design Office
- NEU 31 by Superblock
- Pond Meadows Special Needs School by DSD…HA
- LTSC Project by Zellnerplus
- Casa Parr by Pezo von Ellrichshausen Arq…uitectos
- Takeru Shoji Architects tops a timber-cl…ad Japanese house with a "big hat"
- National Stadium in Beijing wins RIBA Lu…betkin Prize
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories