The 40-storey building is adjacent to the China Central Television Headquarters (see our earlier story).
The almost-complete building was due to open this May and contain a hotel, theatre and studios. It was used for the 2008 Olympics but due to open officially later this year.
The structure was set on fire by stray fireworks fired by revellers celebrating Chinese New Year.
- Pradenn Social Housing by Block Architec…ts
- LightHive by Alex Haw
- Movie by Cristobal Palma: Coliseos by Gi…ancarlo Mazzanti Arquitectos and Felipe Mesa
- Red Room by Jana Kleine-Kalmer
- Belly House by Tomohiro Hata
- Périphériques upgrades Paris plot with… contrasting apartment blocks and a colourful kindergarten
- Kunsthalle Zürich by Gigon/Guyer Archit…ects and Atelier WW
- Casa GG by Alventosa Morell Arquitectes …comprises six wooden boxes
- Slideshow feature: Yongsan International… Business District
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories