The 40-storey building is adjacent to the China Central Television Headquarters (see our earlier story).
The almost-complete building was due to open this May and contain a hotel, theatre and studios. It was used for the 2008 Olympics but due to open officially later this year.
The structure was set on fire by stray fireworks fired by revellers celebrating Chinese New Year.
- The Glass Wave by Andy Martin Associates
- "BIG never makes any design decisions ju…st for fun" says Bjarke Ingels
- SOLAR / ANECHOIC by Alastair Philip Wipe…r
- Alan-Voo Family House by Neil M. Denari …Architects
- Rio de Moinhos Open-Air Theatre by Ateli…ermob
- School in Chimundo by Bergen School of A…rchitecture
- Dezeen's top 10 bamboo architecture proj…ects
- Slabs of corduroy-textured concrete enca…se a Spanish home by Muka Arquitectura
- Gateway by Norman Foster at Venice Archi…teture Biennale 2012
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories