The 40-storey building is adjacent to the China Central Television Headquarters (see our earlier story).
The almost-complete building was due to open this May and contain a hotel, theatre and studios. It was used for the 2008 Olympics but due to open officially later this year.
The structure was set on fire by stray fireworks fired by revellers celebrating Chinese New Year.
- Cabanas no Rio by Aires Mateus
- "People want Stockholm to be a low city"… - Josefin Larsson on Victoria Tower
- Light-filled classrooms surround a court…yard garden at DS Nursery in Japan
- Basel rejects Zaha Hadid casino
- German Pavilion by Schmidhuber + Kaindl
- Serpentine Pavilion Intervention by Unit…ed Visual Artists
- Golden Lion award for Korean pavilion co…uld help "trigger the reality" of a unified Korea
- Sand-bag houses by MMA architects 4
- Arboleda house by Horibe Associates
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories