The 40-storey building is adjacent to the China Central Television Headquarters (see our earlier story).
The almost-complete building was due to open this May and contain a hotel, theatre and studios. It was used for the 2008 Olympics but due to open officially later this year.
The structure was set on fire by stray fireworks fired by revellers celebrating Chinese New Year.
- Tsunagu by Kengo Kuma
- Roaming Market by Aberrant Architecture
- "BIG never makes any design decisions ju…st for fun" says Bjarke Ingels
- Dezeen Screen: Landgrab City by Joseph G…rima and Jeffrey Johnson
- Officer House by Gayuh Budi Utomo
- Smithsonian Museum of African American H…istory and Culture by David Adjaye and FAB
- Interactive Museum of the History of Lug…o by Nieto Sobejano Arquitectos
- The Zebra Crossing Project by Eduard Če…hovin
- Shingle House by NORD Architecture
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories