The 40-storey building is adjacent to the China Central Television Headquarters (see our earlier story).
The almost-complete building was due to open this May and contain a hotel, theatre and studios. It was used for the 2008 Olympics but due to open officially later this year.
The structure was set on fire by stray fireworks fired by revellers celebrating Chinese New Year.
- The golden age is over for public buildi…ngs in Britain, says Stirling Prize winner
- Proposals for Florence by Gruppo Giovani… Architetti Firenze
- Medical School and Student Residences at… the University of Limerick by Grafton Architects
- New Pinterest board: skyscrapers
- Apollo Architects specifies concrete and… plastic for Frame house in Tokyo
- Staircases trace a path across the glaze…d facade of Intecs office block in Rome
- 40 Viviendas Para Jóvenes by Bipolaire …Arquitectos
- PUU-BO by BIG
- Museion by Krüger Schuberth Vandreike
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories