The 40-storey building is adjacent to the China Central Television Headquarters (see our earlier story).
The almost-complete building was due to open this May and contain a hotel, theatre and studios. It was used for the 2008 Olympics but due to open officially later this year.
The structure was set on fire by stray fireworks fired by revellers celebrating Chinese New Year.
- Nestlé Chocolate Museum by Rojkind Arq.… 2
- Nestlé Application Group Querétaro byR…ojkind Arquitectos 2
- Plasticamente Pavilion by Riccardo Giova…netti
- Extension to a house in Chaville by CUT …Architectures
- John Pawson's minimal St Moritz Church p…hotographed during a choir rehearsal
- Faculty of Business Studies of Mondragon… University by Hoz Fontan Arquitectos
- All Saints' Academy by Nicholas Hare Ar…chitects
- Ty Hedfan by Featherstone Young
- Writer's Studio by Cooper Joseph Studio
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories