Tables and stools appeared to be made of stacked books, bearing the company slogan "imagination walks" and surrounded by bookshelves.
The display was presented at trade show Bread & Butter in Barcelona in January.
Here's some text from Nendo:
BREAD & BUTTER
The exhibition design for Spanish footwear maker Camper's display at Bread & Butter Barcelona, the international street and urban wear tradeshow.
The collection's theme, 'Imagination Walks', refers to the way that each pair of shoes has its own story, and provokes the creativity of its wearer.
We decided to express the theme with an exhibit that seemed to be built entirely out of books, that classic symbol of narrative and creativity.
Demarcated by bookshelves, and full "stacks of books" for stands and stools, the exhibition space became a virtual library of footwear stories.
More Dezeen stories about Nendo:
- The Times Transplantation Building by Na…no Architects
- Aesop Tiquetonne by Ciguë
- White shelves hang from crumbly concrete… walls in Bulgarian shoe shop by Elia Nedkov
- Shanghai fashion showroom features ceili…ng lightbox based on sci-fi film set
- Matted electric cables cover the surface…s of a Tokyo bar by Kengo Kuma
- Shoreditch House by Tom Dixon
- Mirror Virus by Pieke Bergmans
- Apartment refurbishment in Gràcia by Vo…ra Arquitectura
- Klein Dytham Architecture at Gallery MA
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories