Milan 09: design research centre Fabrica presents a series of everyday items incorporated into hand-blown glass domes in Milan this week.
The pieces, created for design brand Secondome, include handlebar grips, bottle stoppers, a hammer, a tag from a cow's ear and rope.
Each piece will be available in an edition of 30.
The collection will be on show at Spazio Dimore, Via Solferino 11, and at SaloneSatellite at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile.
Here's some info from Fabrica:
Secondome Edizioni – Roma- Italy
International Furniture Fair Milan 22*27 April 09
This&That is a collection of 10 glass blown domes especially designed for the Salone del Mobile by FABRICA’s young artists, by an idea of American designer Tak Cheung.
This&That combines everyday items, such as a bicycle handlebar, a chimney or cow ears, with the sophisticated beauty of blown glass. Different materials and production processes merge harmoniously to create a new, provocative synergy.
This&That collection is a limited edition of 30 pieces for each subject.
via Solferino 11 2nd floor
Opening hours : 10.30AM to 7.30PM
Fiera Milano, Rho
Opening hours: 9.30AM to 6.30PM
For further information:
Via dei pianellari 26
See all our stories from Milan in our special Milan 09 category.
- Lovegrove and Colani at the Design Museu…m
- Local River by Mathieu Lehanneur
- Dezeen podcast: Drawing Fashion at the D…esign Museum
- Sibling's wifi-blocking ON/OFF installat…ion creates a disconnected "cold spot"
- Bellows by Benjamin Hubert for Nava
- Autographer camera by OMG Life with Chau…han Studio
- Takaya incorporates taxidermy into botan…ical headdresses
- Ty-Bihan by Gaël Horsfall
- Voyage to Uchronia by Matali Crasset at …Galerie Thaddaeus Ropac
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories