More from Polish designers Beton: here's their 1040 hPa clothing collection, made of multi-layered wool.
The collection features flashes of bright-coloured lining fabric poking out as if by mistake.
See Beton's S - Chair Transformers in our earlier story.
Here's some information from Beton:
When temperature goes down and the pressure rises, it is time for 1040 hPa, self-conﬁdence-boosting clothes. They are all made of warm wool, which protects you from European Novembers - their chills and dulls. Straight lines evolving into smooth curves, strange, oozing pockets and bulges, high collars and sudden attacks of vivid colours deﬁne 1040 hPa.
Each garment is made of a few layers of fabric, which ﬂows freely throughout the whole form. The ﬂow is sometimes broken - and then the inner layer comes out - as an error, or a glimpse of truth. Some beton clients (lab rats) got so used to being the centre of attention while wearing 1040 hPa coat, that they refused to put it into the wardrobe for the summer... beton.
- Sebastian Bergne's Fiction bookstand cre…ates the illusion of floating books
- Olivier van Herpt 3D-prints functional c…eramic objects
- Polígono by Losgogo
- Aeropolis by Plastique Fantastique
- Debut collectionby Estudio Sputnik
- Fabrica and Modern Design Review curate …installations at Ace Hotel Shoreditch
- M3 Chair by Thomas Feichtner
- Super Contemporary interviews: Nicolas R…oope
- How they did the floor at the KEF launch
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories