More from Polish designers Beton: here's their 1040 hPa clothing collection, made of multi-layered wool.
The collection features flashes of bright-coloured lining fabric poking out as if by mistake.
See Beton's S - Chair Transformers in our earlier story.
Here's some information from Beton:
When temperature goes down and the pressure rises, it is time for 1040 hPa, self-conﬁdence-boosting clothes. They are all made of warm wool, which protects you from European Novembers - their chills and dulls. Straight lines evolving into smooth curves, strange, oozing pockets and bulges, high collars and sudden attacks of vivid colours deﬁne 1040 hPa.
Each garment is made of a few layers of fabric, which ﬂows freely throughout the whole form. The ﬂow is sometimes broken - and then the inner layer comes out - as an error, or a glimpse of truth. Some beton clients (lab rats) got so used to being the centre of attention while wearing 1040 hPa coat, that they refused to put it into the wardrobe for the summer... beton.
- OMA designs installation for the launch …of furniture collection by Maarten van Severen
- Ron Arad for Driade
- Clinker by Rich Brilliant Willing for In…nermost
- Lustre pendant lamps by Tom Dixon
- Chimney by Benjamin Hubert for Viaduct
- Drilling Lab stacks aluminium tubes to f…orm vessels in Water Pipe Series
- The knitting collection of Loes Veenstra… by Christien Meindertsma
- Pebble by KiBiSi at Dezeen Watch Store
- Jaime Hayón shoes for Camper
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories