More from Polish designers Beton: here's their 1040 hPa clothing collection, made of multi-layered wool.
The collection features flashes of bright-coloured lining fabric poking out as if by mistake.
See Beton's S - Chair Transformers in our earlier story.
Here's some information from Beton:
When temperature goes down and the pressure rises, it is time for 1040 hPa, self-conﬁdence-boosting clothes. They are all made of warm wool, which protects you from European Novembers - their chills and dulls. Straight lines evolving into smooth curves, strange, oozing pockets and bulges, high collars and sudden attacks of vivid colours deﬁne 1040 hPa.
Each garment is made of a few layers of fabric, which ﬂows freely throughout the whole form. The ﬂow is sometimes broken - and then the inner layer comes out - as an error, or a glimpse of truth. Some beton clients (lab rats) got so used to being the centre of attention while wearing 1040 hPa coat, that they refused to put it into the wardrobe for the summer... beton.
- Alessandro Ciffo at Dilmos
- Long Distance Watch allows far-flung l…overs to stay in touch
- Zaha Hadid sculpts marble vases and ta…bles for Citco
- Saturn by Ziiiro at Dezeen Watch Store
- Furniture from SCP
- "I want to bring the surprise back to …Ikea" says head of design
- Painted Rug by Martí Guixé for Nanim…arquina
- Audience by rAndom International
- Marcel Wanders and Arik Levy for 20ltd
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories