Steel connecting elements on each leg component interlock, forming a trestle support.
A wooden slab with a corresponding steel plate along one edge slots into the gap between the first two components and creates a cantilevered table top.
Alternatively, two trestles can be used to support a much larger table top.
Intended as a writing desk or side table, the piece of furniture is made of powder-coated steel and solid walnut, oak, cherry or maple.
Photographs are by Yves Sucksdorff.
See all our stories from DMY Berlin 09 in our special category.
Here’s a bit of text from Ett la Benn:
As an escritoire, side table, storage or desk: ‘trestle’ is both multifunctional and space-saving. Composed of a dyadic underframe and a table board, its single components get interlocked by a plug-in function and can be constructed or removed with one grip. ‘trestle’ can be delivered in walnut, oak, cherry and maple wood, while the connecting parts are available in 4 combinations of high-contrast lacquers.
Material: powdered steel, three-layer slab of solid wood
Measurements wdh: 80 x 40 x 75 cm
- Crockery by Max Lamb for 1882 Ltd.
- Identity Parade by Adam Nathaniel Furm…an
- Per Kristian Nygård crams a grassy va…lley into an Oslo gallery
- Reveal by Studiomama
- Tephra Formations by Robert Stadler
- Impossible Technology's electric bicyc…le folds away into a backpack
- PARCS by PearsonLloyd for Bene
- From a Lost City by Christian Vivanco
- FuelBand at NikeFuel Station
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories