Steel connecting elements on each leg component interlock, forming a trestle support.
A wooden slab with a corresponding steel plate along one edge slots into the gap between the first two components and creates a cantilevered table top.
Alternatively, two trestles can be used to support a much larger table top.
Intended as a writing desk or side table, the piece of furniture is made of powder-coated steel and solid walnut, oak, cherry or maple.
Photographs are by Yves Sucksdorff.
See all our stories from DMY Berlin 09 in our special category.
Here’s a bit of text from Ett la Benn:
As an escritoire, side table, storage or desk: ‘trestle’ is both multifunctional and space-saving. Composed of a dyadic underframe and a table board, its single components get interlocked by a plug-in function and can be constructed or removed with one grip. ‘trestle’ can be delivered in walnut, oak, cherry and maple wood, while the connecting parts are available in 4 combinations of high-contrast lacquers.
Material: powdered steel, three-layer slab of solid wood
Measurements wdh: 80 x 40 x 75 cm
- Xemei Stool by Mediodesign
- Joris Laarman for Jaga
- Robin and Lucienne Day's daughter "wasn'…t prepared to allow their works to be misused"
- Log sofa by Patricia Urquiola for Artela…no
- Kiki van Eijk & Joost van Bleiswijk and …Maarten Baas on Gestalten.tv
- Batucada light by Jahara Studio
- Confluences by Philippe Nigro
- Minimalux by Mark Holmes
- Prater Chair by Marco Dessí
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories