The interior features tree-like columns and wood-paneled walls.
The bar is made of Corian and the floor of the conference centre is dotted with red, glass inserts.
Photographs are by Nicola Schiaffino.
Here is some more text from Iosa Ghini Associati:
The concept that informed the project was to create a contemporary version of the Belle Époque lines of the lavish historic envelope. Comfortable materials were used to merge the two styles, evoking the rich atmospheres of Italian style. A recurring design element is the lighted surfaces and installations along the walls and ceilings on several floors, underscoring the space’s qualities.
The bar space on the ground floor is positioned to be immediately visible, distinctly evoking nature and its gentle, harmonious lines. The sculptural bar counter finished in white Corian welcomes guests in an appealing atmosphere of Burma teak boiserie walls and lighted ceilings. The colors of the breakfast room are warmer, including teak wood floors, concealed lights of warm hues and boiserie. The buffet counter’s material dialogues with the large colombino stone fireplace, the space’s true focal point.
The conference center maintains the use of harmonious forms, adding a Venetian-style floor with red glass inserts that physically asserts itself in the rooms. However, its style is more dynamic, in keeping with the kind of work done inside.
More Dezeen stories about Iosa Ghini Associati:
- House extension by Guard Tillman Pollo…ck features vertical slices of glazing
- House in Midorigaoka by Yusuke Fujita
- Townhall Schefflenz by Glück+Partner
- NL Architects proposes "slightly insan…e" hotel modelled on amethyst crystals
- Centre National d’Etudes Spatiales b…y Daniela Bianka
- Eco-Sustainable House by Djuric Tardio… Architectes
- Five houses by Carlos Ciravegna cantil…ever out from a rocky hillside in Argentina
- "The High Line's responsible for New Y…ork's best upcoming architecture"
- Metal mesh shrouds Fumihiko Sano's Moy…aMoya house
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories