The range, called Slim, is comprised of a vertical pendant lamp, a horizontal pendant lamp and a floor light.
The collection is made of aluminium, polycarbonate and steel. Each piece emits an adjustable amount of light.
See our previous story on lights designed for Vertigo Bird.
Here's some text from Vertigo Bird:
Slim is a new light intended to bring innovative use of standard fluorescent lighting and enable it to be used in home as well as in the office.
The design intention was to try and ‘unite’ the light with the balast-module that always accompanies fluorescent tubes (standardly fitted to the ceiling) into a single object, whose overall appearance would make it more versatile and ‘open’ for more types of uses.
By uniting the two elements (a balast-module is housed in a bottle-like extension of the ‘minimal’ metal pipe, laser-cut for optimal light-emission) a new lamp emerges - one that is easy to use as a standard office lamp, freestanding lamp with a base, or an elegant vertical pendant lamp.
The direction of light beam is hand-regulated - therefore the lamp is coated in ‘soft touch’ mat-white colour, enhancing the tactile experience of the user.
The lampshade can be turned by 20 degrees.
The vertical pendant lamp does not need an electric connection on the ceiling because it feeds from the wall socket.
- Mitoi launches architectural building bl…ock toys
- Ango at 100% Design
- Self-obsessed teenagers inspire hair and… spots themed fashion collection by Sibling
- GrandArmy rebrands United States Postal …Service with "Americana" graphics
- “Kanye wants me to do a YSL” - Peter… Saville
- Badkast by Anna van der Lei
- In Here, for This by Krijn de Koning
- One laptop per artist: OLPC charity auct…ion
- Log sofa by Patricia Urquiola for Artela…no
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories