Called Gridlock, the collection of prototypes includes lighting and a low table.
A bare bulb is trapped and held within the metal structure to form the lamp, while a stone top is added to the metal grid to create a table.
More about Philippe Malouin on Dezeen:
See all our stories about London Design Festival 2009 in our special category.
Photos are by Oliver Holms.
Here's some information from Malouin:
During London Design Festival, we will be introducing prototypes called Gridlock. This new range of furniture is inspired by architectural cross bracing, a system used to reinforce structures. However, this collection transposes the grid system to fit within the domestic scale.
The structure itself both encases and showcases elemental materials trapped within. A bare light bulb is caged within its respective void, revealing a lamp, whilst a honed stone slab rests atop the structure, to form a side table.
- Flowers replace flames in paraffin lamp …vases by Giuseppe Bessero Belti
- Isola by Claesson Koivisto Rune for Tacc…hini
- Roll table by Tom Dixon
- Shadow and Light by Front for Porro
- Yu-Chang Chou develops a reusable packag…ing service for sustainable online shopping
- Lavitta collection by Poiat Products
- Weave Your Lighting by Kwangho Lee
- Lamp OOO by Sergio Mannino and Jan Habra…ken
- 5mm launches collection of top-heavy tab…les
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories