Called Gridlock, the collection of prototypes includes lighting and a low table.
A bare bulb is trapped and held within the metal structure to form the lamp, while a stone top is added to the metal grid to create a table.
More about Philippe Malouin on Dezeen:
See all our stories about London Design Festival 2009 in our special category.
Photos are by Oliver Holms.
Here's some information from Malouin:
During London Design Festival, we will be introducing prototypes called Gridlock. This new range of furniture is inspired by architectural cross bracing, a system used to reinforce structures. However, this collection transposes the grid system to fit within the domestic scale.
The structure itself both encases and showcases elemental materials trapped within. A bare light bulb is caged within its respective void, revealing a lamp, whilst a honed stone slab rests atop the structure, to form a side table.
- Claydies and Gentlemen by Claydies
- Kate Moross applies "psychedelia" to W…ild Beasts music video
- Branch Out by Studiomama for TEN
- VTOL by Kram/Weisshaar
- Joined + Jointed collection
- Highlights of Sight Unseen Offsite at …New York design week
- Honeywell joins connected-home market …with Lyric smart thermostat
- Student project creates template for t…urning old tyres into footwear
- Haze Series by Wonmin Park Studio
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories