Called Gridlock, the collection of prototypes includes lighting and a low table.
A bare bulb is trapped and held within the metal structure to form the lamp, while a stone top is added to the metal grid to create a table.
More about Philippe Malouin on Dezeen:
See all our stories about London Design Festival 2009 in our special category.
Photos are by Oliver Holms.
Here's some information from Malouin:
During London Design Festival, we will be introducing prototypes called Gridlock. This new range of furniture is inspired by architectural cross bracing, a system used to reinforce structures. However, this collection transposes the grid system to fit within the domestic scale.
The structure itself both encases and showcases elemental materials trapped within. A bare light bulb is caged within its respective void, revealing a lamp, whilst a honed stone slab rests atop the structure, to form a side table.
- Grovhugget anno 2008 by Jens Fager
- Beams Chair by Eric and Johnny Design St…udio
- Jewellery and objects by Kelly McCallum
- Thermal Till Paper Vessels by Philippe M…alouin
- Little Shining Man by Heather and Ivan M…orison
- Blend by Mieke Meijer
- 16 New Pieces at Galerie Kreo
- Cajal sofas and armchair by Gunilla Alla…rd balance seats on thin metal frames
- Car on a Stick by Ross Lovegrove
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories