Tokyo 09: here are some photographs of designers' installations inside shipping containers during Tokyo Designers Week earlier this week.
Called Container Ground, the exhibition invites designers to make installations of any kind inside 20ft shipping containers at Jingu-Gaien in central Tokyo.
More information about the competition here.
Photographs are by Luke Hayes.
See all our stories about Tokyo Designers Week in our special category.
- "In the future, design thinking is going… to be called emotionalism" – Roger Arquer
- Piet Hein Eek uses offcuts from his scra…p wood furniture to make Waste Waste 40x40
- Office Pets by Hella Jongerius
- Parrish by Konstantin Grcic and Emeco fo…r the Parrish Art Museum
- Mormor by Gry Fager for Normann Copenhag…en
- Darwin chair by Stefan Sagmeister
- BioElectric by Jeongwon Ji
- "It was about celebrating trades that ha…ve been lost" - Faye Toogood
- Donky Bike by Ben Wilson
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories