French designer Manuel Jouvin has created packaging for cooked snails made of dyed snail excrement.
Snails are encouraged to eat coloured paper, which alters the colour of the raw material.
Called Dejection-Moulding, the project was developed in collaboration with snail farmer Sylvie Pierru.
Here's some text from Jouvin:
Post-graduation project "Dejection-molding"
During my researches, I pointed out that colored paper has an influence on color snail excrements.
In partnership with Sylvie Pierru, a snailfarmer in Picardie (France), we created packagings made of snail excrements and destinated to cooked snails. They are realised in the molding cellulose process by replacing recyclable paper by snail dejections.
- Ineke Hans designs colourful signage and… street furniture for roadside art trail
- "We never use strong colours for our til…es" - Patricia Urquiola
- Leone Series 01 by Lanzavecchia + Wai
- Sputnik by Pepe Heykoop
- The Weather Yesterday by Troika
- Workaholic by THINKK Studio
- Peng You's Fugu bag inflates to protect …your gadgets
- Wearable technology needs to "transcend …the world of gadgets"
- Alternative Alarm Clock by Ki Hyun Kim
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories