French designer Manuel Jouvin has created packaging for cooked snails made of dyed snail excrement.
Snails are encouraged to eat coloured paper, which alters the colour of the raw material.
Called Dejection-Moulding, the project was developed in collaboration with snail farmer Sylvie Pierru.
Here's some text from Jouvin:
Post-graduation project "Dejection-molding"
During my researches, I pointed out that colored paper has an influence on color snail excrements.
In partnership with Sylvie Pierru, a snailfarmer in Picardie (France), we created packagings made of snail excrements and destinated to cooked snails. They are realised in the molding cellulose process by replacing recyclable paper by snail dejections.
- Reusable Fragile packaging forms a pro…tective skin around delicate objects
- Table-Dish-Cover by Maezm
- Dark Side collection of 3D printed ves…sels by Michaël Malapert
- Trix chair by Schmidinger Möbelbau
- From Fable to Table by Amelie Onzon
- Voyage to Uchronia by Matali Crasset a…t Galerie Thaddaeus Ropac
- Paola Antonelli at Design Academy Eind…hoven's My Way talks
- Bird Series by Kobi Levi
- Giant flowers obscure models in Ondrej… Adamek's graduate fashion collection
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories