Icelandic designer Hafsteinn Juliusson has designed a collection of jewellery that incorporates moss.
Called Growing Jewelry, the pieces are hand made from silver in a limited edition.
The designer claims the moss can remain green for up to twelve weeks if cared for properly.
Here's a tiny bit of text from Juliusson:
Growing Jewelry is a redefinition of modern values. It is a clash of jewelry an gardening; couture and organism.
The collection of this hand jewelry is designed for people in metropolitan cities and is an experiment in drawing nature toward man, as nature being the presupposition of life.
The Growing Jewelry is now available in limited quantity.
- Jig by Massproductions
- The Birds, Bats and Bees by various desi…gners
- Shelves slide up and down the stem of Yu… Ito's Impila lamp
- Nendo adds boat shoes and a crystal ches…s set to its diverse portfolio
- Cantilevered bench by StokkeAustad
- Laurence Humier's Alchemist Matter Kit t…eaches children basic chemistry
- United Nude and Iris van Herpen design s…culptural shoes for her Biopiracy fashion collection
- Too Late watches
- Dezeen loves... Bitfall
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories