Icelandic designer Hafsteinn Juliusson has designed a collection of jewellery that incorporates moss.
Called Growing Jewelry, the pieces are hand made from silver in a limited edition.
The designer claims the moss can remain green for up to twelve weeks if cared for properly.
Here's a tiny bit of text from Juliusson:
Growing Jewelry is a redefinition of modern values. It is a clash of jewelry an gardening; couture and organism.
The collection of this hand jewelry is designed for people in metropolitan cities and is an experiment in drawing nature toward man, as nature being the presupposition of life.
The Growing Jewelry is now available in limited quantity.
- Oscar Medley-Whitfield and Harry Trimble… at Designers in Residence 2012
- More Moritz Waldemeyer with Hussein Chal…ayan
- BN0021 by Braun now available at Dezeen …Watch Store
- BN0111 by Braun at Dezeen Watch Store
- Drawerment by Jaroslav Jurica
- Brooches by Yurina Kira
- Fruits Table Lamp by Hisakazu Shimizu
- Carved Bowls store small objects in scoo…ped-out sections
- Tassenkast by Lotty Lindeman
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories