Korean architect Changki Yun (Kyungam Architects Associates have sent us images of their design for an observation tower for the city of Seongnam in Korea.
The Daewon Park Observatory was an entry for a competition but did not win.
Here's some info from the architects:
Location : Kyeonggido Sungnam, South Korea,
GFA : 929.32ß≥
Scale : B3~2F
Use : Observatory
The dream of flight is blissful. Just the thought of floating in the sky brings enough motivation to attempt to achieve the dream. However this dream is now a reality.
For the best view "Cloud 360" alotted all its space in the sky. The ground level was left as open space and two main elevators transport visitors to the sky.
The restaurant, cafe, and mediatech are all located in upper levels of the cloud observatory. This new observatory is sure to become the new landmark of the Sungam district.
Kyungam Architects Associates Ltd
- Reinier de Graaf on OMA’s preoccupatio…ns
- Huaxi city centre by MAD and others
- Micro House in Tsinghua by Studio Liu Lu…bin
- Slideshow feature: Fogo Island Artists' …Studios by Saunders Architecture
- Alpine cabins by Pedevilla Architekten b…uild on traditions of Tyrolean farmhouses
- Haworth Tompkins overhauls Powell & Moya…'s brutalist Chichester theatre
- Elbphilharmonie by Herzog & de Meuron
- High School #9 by Coop Himmelb(l)au
- Casa 103 by Marlene Uldschmidt Architect…s
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories