Korean architect Changki Yun (Kyungam Architects Associates have sent us images of their design for an observation tower for the city of Seongnam in Korea.
The Daewon Park Observatory was an entry for a competition but did not win.
Here's some info from the architects:
Location : Kyeonggido Sungnam, South Korea,
GFA : 929.32ß≥
Scale : B3~2F
Use : Observatory
The dream of flight is blissful. Just the thought of floating in the sky brings enough motivation to attempt to achieve the dream. However this dream is now a reality.
For the best view "Cloud 360" alotted all its space in the sky. The ground level was left as open space and two main elevators transport visitors to the sky.
The restaurant, cafe, and mediatech are all located in upper levels of the cloud observatory. This new observatory is sure to become the new landmark of the Sungam district.
Kyungam Architects Associates Ltd
- Ta đi Ôtô mini-skyscraper on a tricyc…le by Bureau A
- Convention Centre by Eva Jiricna Archite…cts and A.I Design s.r.o.
- Tom Kundig creates "virtually indestruct…ible" steel cabin on stilts
- Timber walls feature narrow vertical sli…ces at Virdis Architecture's Lussy Sports Hall
- Dezeen archive: artist and designer's st…udios
- Chongqing Greenland Clubhouse by PURE De…sign
- Khor I temporary theatre by TAAT
- "BIG never makes any design decisions ju…st for fun" says Bjarke Ingels
- Sofitel Vienna Stephansdom by Jean Nouve…l
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories