Following our recent story about a canoe store in the Spanish countryside, here's a rather different solution to the same problem located on a farm in Ontario, Canada, designed by architecture students Geoff Christou and Nick Savage,
Called Kayak Kayak Canoe, the project includes storage space for two kayaks and a canoe, suspended from a corrugated canopy and balanced by a container for paddles, life jackets and folding furniture.
Christou and Savage made the structure using materials they reclaimed from a collapsed barn on the site.
Here's some more information from the designers:
Nick Savage and I recently completed Kayak Kayak Canoe, a kayak and canoe storage structure.
Our clients gave us the opportunity of designing and building a home for two kayaks and a canoe along with a storage space for paddles, life jackets and folding chairs on a beautiful site adjacent to a lake on a farm property.
The columns, beams, corrugated metal, and cables are all reused from a collapsed barn located on the property.
The project was completed by two individuals in seven days with a final material cost of 350 dollars.
Geoff Christou and Nick Savage
This project was completed in August 2009 outside of Parry Sound.
- Kunsthaus Zurich Extension by David Chip…perfield Architects
- Playhouse by Aboday
- EDAA pairs volcanic stone with pivoting …glazing at Casa Meztitla in Mexico
- Delta House by Yoshiyasu Mizuno centres …around a triangular courtyard
- Angular wooden extension to a house in P…aris by MIR architectes and Nicolas Hugoo
- Meteorite Unit – Leonidou 58 by Aristi…de Antonas
- ￼￼￼Coach Omotesando by OMA
- Hotel Shabby Shabby's 22 pop-up guest ro…oms included a recycled riverside cabin
- Stuttgart house by (se)arch with shingle…-clad walls and a triple-height art gallery
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories