Following our recent story about a canoe store in the Spanish countryside, here's a rather different solution to the same problem located on a farm in Ontario, Canada, designed by architecture students Geoff Christou and Nick Savage,
Called Kayak Kayak Canoe, the project includes storage space for two kayaks and a canoe, suspended from a corrugated canopy and balanced by a container for paddles, life jackets and folding furniture.
Christou and Savage made the structure using materials they reclaimed from a collapsed barn on the site.
Here's some more information from the designers:
Nick Savage and I recently completed Kayak Kayak Canoe, a kayak and canoe storage structure.
Our clients gave us the opportunity of designing and building a home for two kayaks and a canoe along with a storage space for paddles, life jackets and folding chairs on a beautiful site adjacent to a lake on a farm property.
The columns, beams, corrugated metal, and cables are all reused from a collapsed barn located on the property.
The project was completed by two individuals in seven days with a final material cost of 350 dollars.
Geoff Christou and Nick Savage
This project was completed in August 2009 outside of Parry Sound.
- Plein Soleil by RH+ Architecture
- Wangstudio's F Coffee is a Vietnam cafe …made up of 24 brick arches
- COBE and Transform complete the zigzaggi…ng Porsgrunn Maritime Museum
- Fashion Street by Buckley Gray Yeoman
- Moormann’s shed goes to Cologne
- Maidstone Museum East Wingby Hugh Brough…ton Architects
- Automobile Museum by 3Gatti Architecture… Studio
- Pike Loop by Gramazio & Kohler
- Yoonseux Architectes' school extension d…esigned to match autumnal tree leaves
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories