Following our recent story about a canoe store in the Spanish countryside, here's a rather different solution to the same problem located on a farm in Ontario, Canada, designed by architecture students Geoff Christou and Nick Savage,
Called Kayak Kayak Canoe, the project includes storage space for two kayaks and a canoe, suspended from a corrugated canopy and balanced by a container for paddles, life jackets and folding furniture.
Christou and Savage made the structure using materials they reclaimed from a collapsed barn on the site.
Here's some more information from the designers:
Nick Savage and I recently completed Kayak Kayak Canoe, a kayak and canoe storage structure.
Our clients gave us the opportunity of designing and building a home for two kayaks and a canoe along with a storage space for paddles, life jackets and folding chairs on a beautiful site adjacent to a lake on a farm property.
The columns, beams, corrugated metal, and cables are all reused from a collapsed barn located on the property.
The project was completed by two individuals in seven days with a final material cost of 350 dollars.
Geoff Christou and Nick Savage
This project was completed in August 2009 outside of Parry Sound.
- Fala Park by PL.architekci
- Pezo von Ellrichshausen's Casa Cien is a… home and studio with a bumpy concrete finish
- A Room for London by David Kohn and Fion…a Banner
- House in Oiwake by Case Design Studio
- Apartment 50, Unité d’Habitation by R…onan & Erwan Bouroullec
- Wood Pavillion by Wing Yi Hui and Lap Mi…ng Wong
- Civil Courts of Justice in Madrid by Zah…a Hadid
- Social Housing Tower in Plaza Europa by …R+B Arqts
- Puff Adder by Patrice Taravella and Ter…ry de Waal
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories