Following our recent story about a canoe store in the Spanish countryside, here's a rather different solution to the same problem located on a farm in Ontario, Canada, designed by architecture students Geoff Christou and Nick Savage,
Called Kayak Kayak Canoe, the project includes storage space for two kayaks and a canoe, suspended from a corrugated canopy and balanced by a container for paddles, life jackets and folding furniture.
Christou and Savage made the structure using materials they reclaimed from a collapsed barn on the site.
Here's some more information from the designers:
Nick Savage and I recently completed Kayak Kayak Canoe, a kayak and canoe storage structure.
Our clients gave us the opportunity of designing and building a home for two kayaks and a canoe along with a storage space for paddles, life jackets and folding chairs on a beautiful site adjacent to a lake on a farm property.
The columns, beams, corrugated metal, and cables are all reused from a collapsed barn located on the property.
The project was completed by two individuals in seven days with a final material cost of 350 dollars.
Geoff Christou and Nick Savage
This project was completed in August 2009 outside of Parry Sound.
- Top ten tallest skyscrapers completing i…n 2013
- Miami Beach Convention Center by BIG
- Smart student unit by Tengbom
- Sports centre clad with sun-bleached woo…den slats by Explorations Architecture
- Rubberhouse by Cityförster
- Duggan Morris injects new life into Geor…gian office block in Shoreditch with metal mesh
- Sydney garden pavilion by AR-MA built fr…om thousands of components
- Bodø Kulturhus and Library by drdharchi…tects
- Totem de.dos by Brut Deluxe Architecture… + Design
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories