Each piece in the limited edition consists of a slightly domed top supported by one turned leg and a wider carved block of wood.
Bakker designed the stools for Amsterdam gallery Particles.
More about Aldo Bakker on Dezeen:
Photographs are by Erik and Petra Hesmerg.
Here's some text from Particles:
Stool by Aldo Bakker
Stool is composed from a volume, a flat surface and a line, a composition that evokes associations with ‘corporality’. It reveals both the individual volumes and the relations, and often fragile connections, of an organically grown skeleton. The object is explained from the inside out.
The two flat sides provide space for the singular leg, it’s exhibited and protected at the same time and reveals the three points, where the composition is balanced on. Every stool will be made from a different type of carefully selected old wood, assembled in 8 corresponding slices. The unique pieces are hand finished and lacquered with a glasslike varnish that magnifies the beauty of the wood.
Stool is exclusively produced by Particles. Limited edition of 100.
size: 360 x 360 x 340 mm
material: each edition a different type of carefully selected old wood
production: Kuperus & Gardenier
photography: Erik and Petra Hesmerg
- Engineering Temporality by Tuomas Markun…poika Tolvanen
- Afteroom presents three-legged chair and… stackable table for Menu
- The Invisibles Light by Tokujin Yoshioka… for Kartell
- Tower: Instant Structure for Schacht XII… by rAndom International
- Scale watches by Nendo mark the time wit…h ruler increments
- Gorge by Ramei Keum
- Today at Dezeen Platform: Fraser Ross
- Kitchen products by Morph
- Tokujin Yoshioka launches mobile phone
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories