Designer Anna Ter Haar of the Netherlands has created a series of wooden chairs where each has one blown-glass leg.
Called Cinderella's Chair, the project involves blowing the glass directly onto the severed leg of each chair.
Here's a little text from the designer:
“Cinderella’s Chair” is a follow up of my project “Buitenbeentje”.
Prostheses of glass, like a prosthetic leg, custom made for each chair.
Glass is a malleable material when heated, so the glass was blown onto the chair, which provides every chair with its own unique prosthesis.
Glass however, is also a very fragile material. It is not often used for purposes of construction.
The legs of glass are strong enough to carry weight though.
One can easily sit on the chairs, something you do not expect when you see them.
- Dezeen selects the top 7 things to see a…t London Design Festival 2014
- Sunny Day by Aleksandra Stratimirovic
- Aeroscraft ML866
- Snag by Patrick Frey and Markus Boge
- Bodo Sperlein chandeliers for Lladró
- Illum camera creates interactive photogr…aphs that users can re-focus after shooting
- MONUmini by Aimée Furnival at Dezeen Su…per Store
- King Edison pendant lamp by Young & Batt…aglia for Mineheart
- Rick Owens extends footwear range for Ad…idas
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories