Designer Anna Ter Haar of the Netherlands has created a series of wooden chairs where each has one blown-glass leg.
Called Cinderella's Chair, the project involves blowing the glass directly onto the severed leg of each chair.
Here's a little text from the designer:
“Cinderella’s Chair” is a follow up of my project “Buitenbeentje”.
Prostheses of glass, like a prosthetic leg, custom made for each chair.
Glass is a malleable material when heated, so the glass was blown onto the chair, which provides every chair with its own unique prosthesis.
Glass however, is also a very fragile material. It is not often used for purposes of construction.
The legs of glass are strong enough to carry weight though.
One can easily sit on the chairs, something you do not expect when you see them.
- Design performances at Design Miami
- St Peter Squeezer by Studio Giulio Iacch…etti
- Bird Series by Kobi Levi
- Braun BN0076 at Dezeen Watch Store
- Cut and Paste Wallpaper by All The Fruit…s decorates rooms using random patterns
- Camouflage light by Front for Zero
- The Materiality of a Natural Disaster by… Hilda Hellström at Show RCA 2012
- Lava Flower by Gudrun Lilja Gunnlaugsdó…ttir
- Homedia TV by Robert Bronwasser
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories