Designer Anna Ter Haar of the Netherlands has created a series of wooden chairs where each has one blown-glass leg.
Called Cinderella's Chair, the project involves blowing the glass directly onto the severed leg of each chair.
Here's a little text from the designer:
“Cinderella’s Chair” is a follow up of my project “Buitenbeentje”.
Prostheses of glass, like a prosthetic leg, custom made for each chair.
Glass is a malleable material when heated, so the glass was blown onto the chair, which provides every chair with its own unique prosthesis.
Glass however, is also a very fragile material. It is not often used for purposes of construction.
The legs of glass are strong enough to carry weight though.
One can easily sit on the chairs, something you do not expect when you see them.
- Lyndon Neri and Alberto Alessi pay tri…bute to Michael Graves
- MINI's Citysurfer scooter concept anti…cipates a car-less future for urban areas
- String Lights by Michael Anastassiades… for Flos
- Living Pod by Ying Gao
- X Y and Z by Daniel Lorch
- SAYL by Yves Béhar for Herman Miller
- Spool Chair by Keisuke Fujiwara
- Houdini Chair by Stefan Diez for e15
- Intifada by Carlos No
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories