Designer Anna Ter Haar of the Netherlands has created a series of wooden chairs where each has one blown-glass leg.
Called Cinderella's Chair, the project involves blowing the glass directly onto the severed leg of each chair.
Here's a little text from the designer:
“Cinderella’s Chair” is a follow up of my project “Buitenbeentje”.
Prostheses of glass, like a prosthetic leg, custom made for each chair.
Glass is a malleable material when heated, so the glass was blown onto the chair, which provides every chair with its own unique prosthesis.
Glass however, is also a very fragile material. It is not often used for purposes of construction.
The legs of glass are strong enough to carry weight though.
One can easily sit on the chairs, something you do not expect when you see them.
- Fruits Table Lamp by Hisakazu Shimizu
- Net tables by Benjamin Hubert for Moroso
- Solar Tree by Ross Lovegrove 2
- Philippe Malouin installs swing set insi…de grand Milanese palazzo
- New 104 Series by Uniform Wares at Dezee…n Watch Store
- Dezeen Platform: Mirna Kerr
- Heel chair by Nendo for Moroso
- Spook by Iskos-Berlin for Blå Station
- Lamp made from model glider materials by… Studio Daniel for Odesi
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories