Designer Anna Ter Haar of the Netherlands has created a series of wooden chairs where each has one blown-glass leg.
Called Cinderella's Chair, the project involves blowing the glass directly onto the severed leg of each chair.
Here's a little text from the designer:
“Cinderella’s Chair” is a follow up of my project “Buitenbeentje”.
Prostheses of glass, like a prosthetic leg, custom made for each chair.
Glass is a malleable material when heated, so the glass was blown onto the chair, which provides every chair with its own unique prosthesis.
Glass however, is also a very fragile material. It is not often used for purposes of construction.
The legs of glass are strong enough to carry weight though.
One can easily sit on the chairs, something you do not expect when you see them.
- More images of Hadid’s Ideal House in …Cologne
- Manned Cloud by Jean-Marie Massaud
- Abyss by Kundalini
- Nendo's seven door concepts include desi…gns for wheelchair users and children
- Toilet paper tube converted into 3D-prin…ted pen holder by Aleksandar Dimitrov
- Bettina by Jan Kaplicky for Alessi
- Aluminium bowls by Fort Standard stand o…n fin-like legs
- 5mm launches collection of top-heavy tab…les
- Rick Owens pairs springy soles with leat…her for Adidas SS15 footwear
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories