Designer Anna Ter Haar of the Netherlands has created a series of wooden chairs where each has one blown-glass leg.
Called Cinderella's Chair, the project involves blowing the glass directly onto the severed leg of each chair.
Here's a little text from the designer:
“Cinderella’s Chair” is a follow up of my project “Buitenbeentje”.
Prostheses of glass, like a prosthetic leg, custom made for each chair.
Glass is a malleable material when heated, so the glass was blown onto the chair, which provides every chair with its own unique prosthesis.
Glass however, is also a very fragile material. It is not often used for purposes of construction.
The legs of glass are strong enough to carry weight though.
One can easily sit on the chairs, something you do not expect when you see them.
- Detacho Playhouse by Ben Forman
- Clock for an Architect by Daniel Weil
- Dezeen Watch Store: GO by Naoto Fukasawa… for Issey Miyake
- Cuts by Philippe Nigro for Ligne Roset
- The Crate Series by Studio Makkink & Bey…
- Harry stool by Massproductions
- Bespoke Sex Toys by Made to Pleasure
- Unsustainable by Greetje van Helmond 2
- Flex by Georgi Manassiev
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories