Dezeen are proud to be online media partners of the show, which continues until 16 May 2010.
We're giving away 100 tickets to the show for a special event hosted by Dezeen at the gallery on 11 March. More information about the event and details of how to win tickets here.
Above photographs are by Lyndon Douglas.
More stories about Ron Arad on Dezeen:
Well Transparent Chair (February 2010)
Design Museum Holon (September 2009)
No Discipline at MOMA (July 2009)
Ron Arad at Timothy Taylor Gallery (April 2009)
Guarded Thoughts (November 2008)
Rotator for Teuco (April 2008)
Restless at Friedman Benda gallery (September 2007)
Here's some information about the show from the Barbican:
Barbican Art Gallery stages the first major survey in the UK of the internationally acclaimed, London-based design maverick Ron Arad.
Ron Arad: Restless explores three decades of Arad’s designs from his early post-punk approach of assembling products from readymade parts to his exclusive and highly polished sculptural furnishings.
Featuring a dramatic exhibition design by Ron Arad Associates using the latest LED display technology, Ron Arad: Restless also includes architectural designs and immediately recognisable mass produced pieces.
Highlighting the significance of experimentation, process and materials in Arad’s work, the exhibition offers a timely insight into the development of objects from initial idea and fabrication to finished design.
- Designed in Hackney: chandeliers by St…uart Haygarth
- Habitat Machines by David Trautrimas
- Studio Libertiny uses body casts to sh…ape Tchair
- Pieke Bergmans' blown-plastic VAPOR li…ghting "grows like a plant or animal"
- Bombay Sapphire at the London Design F…estival: Designer Glass Competition winner
- Meals from Scratch packaging by Jeremy… Innes-Hopkins
- Dezeen podcast: Drawing Fashion at the… Design Museum
- New Shadow Monsters video
- Max Lamb's Exercises in Seating demons…trates material experiments through chair design
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories