Athens designer Yiannis Ghikas has designed a coat rack comprising three Y-shaped components leaning against each other.
Called Game of Trust, the prototype is made of wood and relies on each part supporting and being supported by the other two.
Here's a little more information from Ghikas:
“To trust and to be trusted, to support and to be supported, creating a seemingly fragile but yet viable state of equilibrium.”
The coat hanger “Game of trust” consists of three identical Y-shaped elements. Each one supports and at the same time is supported by one of the others, resulting in an embrace that transforms the units into a unity.
“Game of trust” is in the phase of prototyping. A first rough prototype has been made, revealing technical issues that have to be considered. The most of them are already solved and the rest are about to be solved. The “Game of trust” demands accuracy of construction, excellent quality of materials and the right people that can deal with both. The idea is to be made of solid wood (other materials are also possible), to be modular, easy to assemble and disassemble, easy to pack, to fit in a small package and easy to carry.
- 21 Grams is a sex toy that contains the …ashes of a dead partner
- Save £50 on VOID watches at Dezeen Watc…h Store
- Elvie vaginal activity monitor helps str…engthen pelvic floor muscles
- The Sectionimal by gt_2P
- Design "doesn't know how to democratise …itself" says Shubhankar Ray
- Maarten Baas named Design Miami/ Designe…r of the Year
- Kinetic louvres move in three dimensions… to screen sunlight from any angle
- Big-Game to present adjustable metal coa…t rack for Hay in Milan
- Close encounter by Oscar Lhermitte
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories