Called Grip, the collection features a ring of incisions where the base and walls of each piece meet.
The text below is from Dessi:
Drinking set no.281 - "grip"
Marco Dessi, an Italian designer who studied in Vienna, designed a series including tumbler and decanter, which should attract people to a joyfull everyday use.
2010 the series has been expanded to 8 items. One of Dessi's ideas was to show how a rather technical looking design comes to life, if it is produced by skilled craftsmen.
A special lamella cut has been developed, which should suggest a technical aesthetic and functionality. Similar to the series Adolf Loos designed for Lobmeyr, visible scratches on the glass bottom are prevented by this ornament.
At least the same importance is assigned on the haptic pleasure when drinking from the glass -literally the "grip".
- Bottle Humidifier by Cloud and Co
- Robox by Fabio Novembre
- December chair by Jasper Morrison and Wa…taru Kumano for Nikari
- Playtype foundry and concept store by e-…Types
- Motek by Luca Nichetto for Cassina
- Bamboo-steel chair by Nendo for Yii
- Kaki side tables by Kenyon Yeh
- The Poetics of Miss Understanding by Ana… Rita Antonio
- Daniel Widrig uses DIY 3D printing proce…ss to produce pixellated stool
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories