Called Grip, the collection features a ring of incisions where the base and walls of each piece meet.
The text below is from Dessi:
Drinking set no.281 - "grip"
Marco Dessi, an Italian designer who studied in Vienna, designed a series including tumbler and decanter, which should attract people to a joyfull everyday use.
2010 the series has been expanded to 8 items. One of Dessi's ideas was to show how a rather technical looking design comes to life, if it is produced by skilled craftsmen.
A special lamella cut has been developed, which should suggest a technical aesthetic and functionality. Similar to the series Adolf Loos designed for Lobmeyr, visible scratches on the glass bottom are prevented by this ornament.
At least the same importance is assigned on the haptic pleasure when drinking from the glass -literally the "grip".
- Movie: Newton Virus by Troika
- Torafu Architects designs multi-functi…onal Dice furniture for children and adults
- Bodging Milano at Designersblock
- Maxime Loiseau's streamlined headphone…s feature printed electronics
- "Eindhoven has design, it has science …and it has industry"
- Note Design Studio and Norm Architects… design patchwork marble tables for Menu
- FaceMaker by Millergoodman at Home
- Mirrors by La Mamba for Omelette-ed
- EuroK-Cars at the Royal College of Art
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories