Architectural photographer Fernando Guerra has sent us his photographs of a college building designed by Portuguese architect Nuno Montenegro.
Interior and exterior walls are punctured by the silhouettes of people.
Located on the campus of the Polytechnic Institute of Beja, Portugal, the building houses the School of Technology and Management.
Here is some more information from the architect:
Located in Polytechnic Institute of Beja, Portugal, architect Nuno Montenegro has designed the School of Technology and Management.
Some users say that you may get the feeling you’re not alone. In fact, the School is a collection of artefacts and compositions that offers imaginary pathways.
‘Learn by perception’ is a leitmotiv expressed by scattered silhouettes throughout the building.
This leitmotif challenges the viewer through a series of other spatial elements, such as labyrinth-like corridors and façades without perceivable openings.
The colour palette is obsessively white, making it harder to distinguish certain areas from one another.
While the space appears to be as monumental as a museum, framing space, its program comprises laboratories facilities, standard classrooms, and administrative services spaces.
The construction, with total area of 4250 m2, corresponds to a first phase of the overall complex.
Nuno Montenegro M+P offices are located near the natural reserve of Tejo estuary, in Portugal.
Established in 2003 to answer to an increasing number of public and private clients, the office is been supported by an interdisciplinary team and by the conceptual vocation of the developed projects.
- Brighton College by Allies and Morrison
- Jimenez Lai explores domestic cultures o…f Taiwan with colourful "houses" installation
- Cemetery complex by Andrea Dragoni conta…ins public plazas and site-specific artworks
- Lenbachhaus museum by Foster + Partners
- Brooklyn Bridge Park Pier 6 by BIG
- Cabrela House by Orgânica Arquitectura
- Izukougen House by Atelier Shinya Miura
- Yellow accents brighten the stacked whit…e volumes of Pino Street House by Oscar Gutiérrez
- MM Apartment by Nakae Architects and Ohn…o Japan
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories