Architectural photographer Fernando Guerra has sent us his photographs of a college building designed by Portuguese architect Nuno Montenegro.
Interior and exterior walls are punctured by the silhouettes of people.
Located on the campus of the Polytechnic Institute of Beja, Portugal, the building houses the School of Technology and Management.
Here is some more information from the architect:
Located in Polytechnic Institute of Beja, Portugal, architect Nuno Montenegro has designed the School of Technology and Management.
Some users say that you may get the feeling you’re not alone. In fact, the School is a collection of artefacts and compositions that offers imaginary pathways.
‘Learn by perception’ is a leitmotiv expressed by scattered silhouettes throughout the building.
This leitmotif challenges the viewer through a series of other spatial elements, such as labyrinth-like corridors and façades without perceivable openings.
The colour palette is obsessively white, making it harder to distinguish certain areas from one another.
While the space appears to be as monumental as a museum, framing space, its program comprises laboratories facilities, standard classrooms, and administrative services spaces.
The construction, with total area of 4250 m2, corresponds to a first phase of the overall complex.
Nuno Montenegro M+P offices are located near the natural reserve of Tejo estuary, in Portugal.
Established in 2003 to answer to an increasing number of public and private clients, the office is been supported by an interdisciplinary team and by the conceptual vocation of the developed projects.
- The New Dance and Music Centre in The Ha…gue by Zaha Hadid Architects
- Bordeaux car park by Brisac Gonzalez wil…l "introduce activities after hours"
- UNStudio's dynamic facade will control i…ndoor climate for Seoul tower
- Delta House by Yoshiyasu Mizuno centres …around a triangular courtyard
- Wendy by HWKN
- Taroudant University by Saad El Kabbaj, …Driss Kettani and Mohamed Amine Siana
- Green Edge House by mA-style Architects …has a hidden garden around its perimeter
- Shenzhen & Hong Kong Biennale photos
- Court of Sant Boi de Llobregat by BAAS A…rchitects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories