Called Patch, the collection of chairs and stools will be presented with Swedish brand Blå Station.
The fabric on the seats are upholstered on a plywod shell and supported by bent steel legs.
This new range has been developed from Hubert's earlier prototypes of Diamond Chair (see our earlier story).
See all our stories about Milan 2010 in our special category.
The following information is from the designer:
Patch by Benjamin Hubert
Benjamin Hubert will launch Patch for Bla station on pavilion 8, stand D36 during the Salone Internazionale del Mobile, 14th-19th of April 2010.
Patch comprises of a patchwork fabric upholstered onto a plywood shell supported by CNC formed steel legs.
Patch is inspired by the language of flat metal work construction used in civil engineering.
The patchwork upholstery detail references industrial sheet steel panel riveting with the flatwork steel completing the relationship.
The range was developed from earlier prototypes of ‘diamond chair’ exhibited in London and Cologne in 2008.
- W103s by Inga Sempé for Wästberg
- TAAT's interactive theatre set is design…ed to "tickle a higher sense of spatial awareness"
- Camper store Paris by Ronan and Erwan Bo…uroullec (more images)
- Today at Dezeen Platform: Pia Wüstenber…g
- Clock for an Architect by Daniel Weil
- Hush by Freyja Sewell
- Sergio concept car by Pininfarina
- Short by Short by Hironobu Yamabe for E&…Y
- Niels Datema exploits graphite's conduct…ive properties to illuminate Graphlights
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories