Called Patch, the collection of chairs and stools will be presented with Swedish brand Blå Station.
The fabric on the seats are upholstered on a plywod shell and supported by bent steel legs.
This new range has been developed from Hubert's earlier prototypes of Diamond Chair (see our earlier story).
See all our stories about Milan 2010 in our special category.
The following information is from the designer:
Patch by Benjamin Hubert
Benjamin Hubert will launch Patch for Bla station on pavilion 8, stand D36 during the Salone Internazionale del Mobile, 14th-19th of April 2010.
Patch comprises of a patchwork fabric upholstered onto a plywood shell supported by CNC formed steel legs.
Patch is inspired by the language of flat metal work construction used in civil engineering.
The patchwork upholstery detail references industrial sheet steel panel riveting with the flatwork steel completing the relationship.
The range was developed from earlier prototypes of ‘diamond chair’ exhibited in London and Cologne in 2008.
- London by Meike Harde
- The Pixel Hirschgasse by Thomas Feichtne…r
- 6x3 Burr Puzzle Table by Petar Zaharinov
- Lucy McRae to vacuum-pack exhibition vis…itors to "prep the body to go to space"
- Studio Glithero at Craft Punk
- Peroni Collaborazioni Talk: Fabio Novemb…re transcript
- Grandmateria at Gallery Libby Sellers 2
- e15 unveils wood and marble home accesso…ries collection
- KDDI shows new Fukasawa prototype
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories