Called Patch, the collection of chairs and stools will be presented with Swedish brand Blå Station.
The fabric on the seats are upholstered on a plywod shell and supported by bent steel legs.
This new range has been developed from Hubert's earlier prototypes of Diamond Chair (see our earlier story).
See all our stories about Milan 2010 in our special category.
The following information is from the designer:
Patch by Benjamin Hubert
Benjamin Hubert will launch Patch for Bla station on pavilion 8, stand D36 during the Salone Internazionale del Mobile, 14th-19th of April 2010.
Patch comprises of a patchwork fabric upholstered onto a plywood shell supported by CNC formed steel legs.
Patch is inspired by the language of flat metal work construction used in civil engineering.
The patchwork upholstery detail references industrial sheet steel panel riveting with the flatwork steel completing the relationship.
The range was developed from earlier prototypes of ‘diamond chair’ exhibited in London and Cologne in 2008.
- French designers hack a 3D printer to ma…ke a tattooing machine
- Dezeen Platform: Jan Rose
- Talent 2008 at Designhuis
- Forget Me Knot by Sruli Recht
- Seven Designers for Seven Dials installa…tions curated by Dezeen
- L-INK lamp poster by Jean-Sébastien Lag…range
- B-side by Hussein Chalayan at Spring Pro…jects
- To Become One by Erwin Zwiers
- Claimp by Maya Goldblum
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories