Japanese studio a.un architects have completed a house clad inside and out in wood, located in Mie, Japan.
Called House in Atagoyama, the building is elevated from the road and kinked in the middle to afford views of the sea and sky from every room.
Photographs are by Yuya Saito.
Here's some more information from the architects:
The house is for a couple and two active boys. Site is located on a small rise of land after walking a little uphill.
Put a 30 degree-curved wooden box on the ground which is 1.8m higher from road.
By curving a little, it builds up all-round view of ocean and sky from every single room.
Needed life spaces for four family members are fitted in simple plan, as compact as possible.
The interior space surrounded wood is preferable to be peaceful, warm, and gentle.
This is the house that people can live by incorporating wavering light, refreshing breeze, beautiful Ise Bay lit by rising sun, and surrounding green from season to season.
Location: Mie, Japan
Site area: 239.81 m2
Building area: 66.74 m2
Total floor area: 108.51 m2
Principal use: residence
|House in Wakaura by
|House SGLight by
- Slit House by EASTERN Design Office
- Consultorio en La Envía by Miguel Barah…ona and Luis Castillo
- Ring Dome by Minsuk Cho/Mass Studies
- Vivienne Westwood Design Studios by Anar…chitect
- Beaugrenelle Shopping Mall by Agence Sea…rch
- Tour Bois-le-Prêtre by Frédéric Druot…, Anne Lacaton and Jean-Philippe Vassal
- Elevated office building by Jorge Mealha… folds around secluded plaza at technology park
- Giant's Causeway Visitors' Centre by Hen…eghan Peng Architects
- The Blue Planet by 3XN
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories