Japanese studio a.un architects have completed a house clad inside and out in wood, located in Mie, Japan.
Called House in Atagoyama, the building is elevated from the road and kinked in the middle to afford views of the sea and sky from every room.
Photographs are by Yuya Saito.
Here's some more information from the architects:
The house is for a couple and two active boys. Site is located on a small rise of land after walking a little uphill.
Put a 30 degree-curved wooden box on the ground which is 1.8m higher from road.
By curving a little, it builds up all-round view of ocean and sky from every single room.
Needed life spaces for four family members are fitted in simple plan, as compact as possible.
The interior space surrounded wood is preferable to be peaceful, warm, and gentle.
This is the house that people can live by incorporating wavering light, refreshing breeze, beautiful Ise Bay lit by rising sun, and surrounding green from season to season.
Location: Mie, Japan
Site area: 239.81 m2
Building area: 66.74 m2
Total floor area: 108.51 m2
Principal use: residence
|House in Wakaura by
|House SGLight by
- Single Family House in Kacergine by Gint…aras Balcytis
- Battersea Power Station redevelopment by… Rafael Viñoly Architects
- Southcape golf clubhouse by Mass Studies… features curving concrete canopies
- Burnham Pavilion by Zaha Hadid Architect…s
- TranslucentConcrete by Andreas Bittis
- Bølgen by MAPT
- Rem Koolhaas on OMA's current preoccupat…ions
- Hôtel de Police / Charleroi Danses by A…teliers Jean Nouvel and MDW Architecture
- Maison Leguay by Moussafir Architectes
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories