The yellow espresso machine is inspired by the the Bauhaus movement and from the same project as Espresso Solo by Shmuel Linski (see our previous story).
Here’s some more information from Yaniv, who is due to graduate next year:
I designed this espresso machine during my last semester.
Influenced by Italians designers and the Bauhaus, I wanted to create a simple espresso machine which was built from 3 tubes at the heart of it.
But also to create a "interesting balance" by separate and lift the upper plate moving a side the main tube from it base.
The logo on the machine is "nespresso".
by Shmuel Linski
- An Almost Ephimeral Autumn by Luzinterru…ptus
- Bottle watch by Industrial Facility arri…ves at Dezeen Watch Store
- Parked car is upended on a tarmac wave i…n Alex Chinneck installation
- Anderssen & Voll reinterprets Magis' ga…s-lift barstool
- Nendo works with traditional manufacture…r to redesign chopsticks
- Ads with a New Purpose by Ogilvy & Mathe…r for IBM
- Dutch Design Week presents trends "two y…ears ahead of Milan"
- Ettore Sottsass 1917-2007
- De La Espada at Qubique 2011
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories