The yellow espresso machine is inspired by the the Bauhaus movement and from the same project as Espresso Solo by Shmuel Linski (see our previous story).
Here’s some more information from Yaniv, who is due to graduate next year:
I designed this espresso machine during my last semester.
Influenced by Italians designers and the Bauhaus, I wanted to create a simple espresso machine which was built from 3 tubes at the heart of it.
But also to create a "interesting balance" by separate and lift the upper plate moving a side the main tube from it base.
The logo on the machine is "nespresso".
by Shmuel Linski
- Takashi Murakami at MOCA
- Rice-Design at 100% Design Tokyo
- Just Black by Marsotto Edizioni
- Wank by Craig Alun Smith
- Joris Laarman works with Opel
- "We're not too far away from driverless …cars" - MINI head of design Anders Warming
- Move Your Energy by Novague
- Ai Weiwei at Lisson Gallery
- Handlebar Candlesticks by Yen-Wen Tseng
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories