Called Thin Black Lines, the series includes a chair and clothes rack intended to apear as sketches in the air or calligraphy symbols.
The show opens 20 September - 31 October.
Photographs are by Masayuki Hayashi.
The information that follows is from Nendo:
Thin Black Lines
‘Outlines were the theme of this collection. Slight black lines like the traces of sketches drawn in the air made transparent surfaces and volumes appear, which we assigned practical functions.
The outlines remained after simplifying paintings of plants and animals. They are condensed expressions of meaning, similar to Japanese calligraphy.
The designs gently break the relationship of before and behind, and traverse at times the space between two and three dimensions. Multi-faceted and constantly morphing, they move alternately between the becoming and collapse of form.
PLACE: Phillips de Pury & Company at Saatchi Gallery
OPEN: September 20th - October 31st
7days a week
|10 Metres Lighting
by Madelene Björk
- Domestic presents new designer "Vynils"
- Mia Cinelli's limb-like weighted blanket… is designed to ease feelings of grief
- Mourning Objects by Anna Schwamborn
- Nosigner at 100% Design
- Top Secrets of Finland by Company
- Coupé Concept by MINI
- WhiteKnightTwo by Virgin Galactic
- More Maarten Baas in Milan
- L’Oiseau by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec f…or Vitra
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories