Called Tenon, the pieces are joined by slotting together the mortise into the recessed tenon joints.
The range includes an armchair, shelving unit, side table and a little step ladder.
Read all our stories on Tokyo 2010 in our special category.
Photographs are by Kazunobu Yamada.
Here's a bit of text from the designer:
A collection of furniture that consist of timbers and can be assembled using mortise and tenon joints as well as angular construction methods.
STEP, W400 W470 H520
CHAIR, W440 D480 H710 SH420
ARM CHAIR, W590 D480 H710 SH420
SIDE TABLE, W400 D400 H420
SHELF, W820 D470 H820
Yota Kakuda was born in 1979 in Japan. Since he made London his main place to work in 2003, he has gained experience at various design
studios including Shin and Tomoko Azumi and Ross Lovegrove. 2005-2007, he studied and obtained MA at Royal College of Art, Design Products during he had scholarship from Japanese government. He is currently based in Tokyo since 2008.
|Prairie Chair by
|More stories on Tokyo 2010
- Hayón’s Camper store opens in Barcelo…na
- Ladder by Charlie Styrbjörn Design
- Book Vases by Laura Cahill
- Mesa by Zaha Hadid
- Design Miami Chat Shows: Ross Lovegrove
- Sneak preview: Hayón works with Piper
- Storyboard by Jan Van Hoof
- United Crystal Woods by Marcel Wanders f…or Baccarat
- Made in Italy talks: Italian Industrial …Design
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories