Design studio Total Tool have completed a combined office and cafe for nomadic workers in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Called Urban Station, the brightly coloured space features a café, which doubles up as a temporary office for freelance workers in need of desk space.
There are lamps and powerpoints connected to the sides of tables, whilst others have apertures in their middle where wires from laptops can be fed through.
There are fully-equipped private meeting rooms available as well as a helpdesk for any enquiries.
See all our stories on office interiors in our Dezeen: archive.
Photographs are by Sergio Esmoris.
Here's some more information from the designers:
Designed by Total Tool BA, Urban Station has been conceived as a hybrid space, combining café and temporary office, specially designed for nomad workers.
The use of the café as a working space as been a long-lasting tradition in Argentina, but the development of connectivity over the last years has boosted this habit.
The project was meant to create a space where the traditional typology of the café was reconsidered while accommodating office amenities such as tables specially adapted for laptops, private meeting rooms provided with medias such as projectors and video conference equipment or a help desk where to print or ask for errand services.
From the organization of promotional events among frequent customers to the offer of free bicycles to be borrowed and take a break, many other elements and services have been also designed to provide enhanced comfort and interaction opportunities for the nomad worker.
Click for larger image
|More office interiors
- Kotaro Horiuchi creates a Paper Cave i…nside his architecture studio
- Wooden structures combine partitions a…nd furniture inside home by João Branco
- Lords South Beach by BHDM
- Beerd by Simple Simon Design
- Don't surrender to "standardised produ…cts" says Indian architect Anupama Kundoo
- Ciel de Paris by Noé Duchaufour-Lawra…nce
- V&A washrooms by Glowacka Rennie
- Zapiekanka restaurant in Warsaw modell…ed on a market booth by MFRMGR
- Stella McCartney Milan Store by APA
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories