Design studio Total Tool have completed a combined office and cafe for nomadic workers in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Called Urban Station, the brightly coloured space features a café, which doubles up as a temporary office for freelance workers in need of desk space.
There are lamps and powerpoints connected to the sides of tables, whilst others have apertures in their middle where wires from laptops can be fed through.
There are fully-equipped private meeting rooms available as well as a helpdesk for any enquiries.
See all our stories on office interiors in our Dezeen: archive.
Photographs are by Sergio Esmoris.
Here's some more information from the designers:
Designed by Total Tool BA, Urban Station has been conceived as a hybrid space, combining café and temporary office, specially designed for nomad workers.
The use of the café as a working space as been a long-lasting tradition in Argentina, but the development of connectivity over the last years has boosted this habit.
The project was meant to create a space where the traditional typology of the café was reconsidered while accommodating office amenities such as tables specially adapted for laptops, private meeting rooms provided with medias such as projectors and video conference equipment or a help desk where to print or ask for errand services.
From the organization of promotional events among frequent customers to the offer of free bicycles to be borrowed and take a break, many other elements and services have been also designed to provide enhanced comfort and interaction opportunities for the nomad worker.
Click for larger image
|More office interiors
- Rhus Ovata Tel Aviv by k1p3
- Arnsdorf temporary concept store by Edwa…rds Moore
- Hanging sticks create illusions of chair…s at Issey Miyake boutique in Tokyo
- Suppose Design Office pairs industrial f…ittings with plants at Biotop lifestyle store
- AOO shop in Barcelona by Arquitectura-G …has a stepped sisal display platform
- Nendo creates pastel optical illusions f…or Japanese design exhibition display
- IO Studio references Czech porcelain ins…ide modern beer hall for Radegast
- Move: Choreographing You exhibition desi…gn by Amanda Levete Architects
- Twenty-First Century Design by Marcus Fa…irs
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories