Amsterdam studio Chops and Moxie have shared with us this short film representing the concrete interior of a boutique by Japanese architect Kumiko Inui as though it's being inflated from soft materials.
Can's see the movie? Click here.
Entitled Kumikolnu Boutique, the film is based on Inui's Tokyo store for German fashion designer Jurgen Lehl.
In the movie, concrete walls, wooden display stands and metal rails materialise as though from soft fabric.
The information below is from Chops and Moxie:
The facades of Japanese architect Kumiko Inui's buildings are often visual puns or optical illusions.
We saw the opportunity to create a simple visual pun after seeing her Marunouchi boutique created for Japan-based German fashion designer Jurgen Lehl.
The contrast between the soft fabric of the garments and the hard 'fabric' of the architecture inspired us to have the architectural materials take on the soft and billowing properties of Jurgen Lehl's textiles.
First we recreated the boutique interior as a 'still' image and tried to capture the rich shadows, and wall colours important to Kumiko Inui, then we set to work inflating the space as if it were being assembled in a television studio.
The music is fun but slightly mad, sound adds another dimension to the unnerving experience of watching glass and concrete and wood loose their prescribed properties!
|The Transcendent City
by Richard Hardy
|Marquise do Parque do
Ibirapuera by Pedro Kok
- Panoramarestaurant Karren by Architekten… Rüf Stasi Partner
- Casa G+S by Grooppo
- Karim Rashid's sex shop interior "satisf…ies primal desire"
- TwoTwoSix Hollywood Road by Studioilse
- Algebraic Variations at Wrong Weather by… Francesco Moncada
- ZMS Schwandorf Administration Building b…y Archimedialab
- Eat Drink Design at Dutch Design Week
- Nature Factory by Makoto Tanijiri
- Restaurang & Bar Nazdrowje by Richard Li…ndvall
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories