Called Manifold Clock, the striped sheet is made of Tyvek, and slowly curls and unfurls.
Here's a tiny bit of information from the designers:
The Manifold Clock.
We connected the clock's two hands with a manifold to create a 3D movement.
The time can be read traditionally using the two hands, while a new reading method is created when clock demonstrates an ever-changing form every minute. It is a combination of modern design and simple mechanics.
|Hand in Hand Clock by
|Continue Time by
|The Bent Hands by
Giha Woo and Shingoeun
- Watches by David Ericsson for VOID launc…h at Dezeen Watch Store
- Bidoun series by Katrin Greiling for Tra…ffic
- Living Pod by Ying Gao
- Salon by Lee Broom
- Project001 Masked Creature by Stickyline
- Cord-Chair by Nendo
- Peter William Holden’s Frankensteinian… robots perform dance routines to music
- Lamp modelled on an owl's eye by Jun Yas…umoto for Ligne Roset
- Droog adapts Rijksmuseum collection for …Milan exhibition
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories