Called Losanges, the rugs are hand-made in Northern Pakistan, combining thirteen colours in a pattern of tessellated diamond shapes.
Maison & Objet takes place 21-25 January 2011.
Here's some text from Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec:
We are pleased to present a new rug collection, called Losanges, designed for the Spanish brand nanimarquina.
We have always been captivated by the traditional Persian rug, especially by the very old kilim savoir-faire which we see as a delicate mix of rusticity and fineness.
We have been lucky to see this project carried through by the craftsmen of Northern Pakistan who managed to skillfully combine thirteen colors through the geometrical rhombus shape.
As well as being crafted by hand, the Afghan wool is also spun by hand, which allows for some unique color tones to be highlighted.
This subtly random technique makes each lozenge slightly different and each rug, a unique piece.
The Losanges collection will be presented at the nanimarquina booth Hall 8 F36 during the Maison et Objet trade show (January 21-25, 2011).
|Playing with Tradition
by Richard Hutten
|Global Warming Rug by
NEL for Nanimarquina
- Patch by Benjamin Hubert at Blå Station
- Marsotto Edizioni
- Austerity edible furniture by Lanzavecch…ia + Wai
- Ron Arad: Restless - "It would be nice i…f a lot of things were moving"
- Foam dipped in rubber becomes seating by… Jo Nagasaka
- Viktor & Rolf Autumn Winter 2013 scenogr…aphy by Studio Job
- Lilobul by Vincent Olm
- Fold Pot by Emanuele Pizzolorusso expand…s around growing plants
- Sur les Rivages by Aïssa Logerot and Am…andine Chhor
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories