Called Losanges, the rugs are hand-made in Northern Pakistan, combining thirteen colours in a pattern of tessellated diamond shapes.
Maison & Objet takes place 21-25 January 2011.
Here's some text from Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec:
We are pleased to present a new rug collection, called Losanges, designed for the Spanish brand nanimarquina.
We have always been captivated by the traditional Persian rug, especially by the very old kilim savoir-faire which we see as a delicate mix of rusticity and fineness.
We have been lucky to see this project carried through by the craftsmen of Northern Pakistan who managed to skillfully combine thirteen colors through the geometrical rhombus shape.
As well as being crafted by hand, the Afghan wool is also spun by hand, which allows for some unique color tones to be highlighted.
This subtly random technique makes each lozenge slightly different and each rug, a unique piece.
The Losanges collection will be presented at the nanimarquina booth Hall 8 F36 during the Maison et Objet trade show (January 21-25, 2011).
|Playing with Tradition
by Richard Hutten
|Global Warming Rug by
NEL for Nanimarquina
- Spruce Stove that burns a whole tree tru…nk by Michiel Martens and Roel de Boer
- Pharrell Williams and G-Star RAW transfo…rm ocean plastic into denim collection
- Moritz Waldemeyer with Hussein Chalayan
- CEO desk by Staffan Holm & Johannes Tjer…nberg
- Luz Interruptus by Luzinterruptus
- RCA graduates in Harvey Nichols windows
- Jaime Hayón to speak at Design Indaba
- Upside Down by TAF for Hay
- Aurora by Ziiiro at Dezeen Watch Store
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories